Tuesday, August 31, 2010




It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC82)! It is the end of the month so we have a challenge host! Traci Major is our challenge host! Traci is challenging us to Summer Memories! With summer quickly drawing to a close, Traci wants us to reflect on one of our summer activities and create a card capturing one of our favorite memories of Summer 2010! We would love to see what you create!

I am using Flourishes newly released Sunflowers and Kids Play for the sentiment.  For my summer memory, my neighbor plants rows of sunflower seeds.  During the spring we watch them burst from the ground to become these really huge flowers.  I really did not realize that Sunflowers were so big.  Some of the flower stalks are over my head.  That is not saying much since I am short, but we are talking over 5 feet.  The heat got to many of them this summer, though.  Plus, the deer love to eat them.  However, for a brief time the rows of gorgeous sunflowers are just breathtakingly beautiful. 

In addition to the FTTC challenge, I also combined it with a few more blog challenges.   I think I have created a monster doing this.    I really do enjoy combining the challenges, though.  First of all this card is for SCS CC286:  Mustard Mambo Breezes!  Sounds yucky, but I really think these colors can be beautiful together!   Check out the link to found out about the dessert option!  I am using the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 83(SSSC83)!  Fabulous sketch, Nancy!    The Shabby Tea Room's Week #25 is "Old Meets New!"  I got my new nesties in the mail and had to play with the lacey circle.  I am using my new Flourishes Sunflowers  set.  Finally inked it up for the first time today.    I am using several old things, though.  The lacey spellbinders border, my SU oval punch, and some much loved cuttlebug embossing folders.   Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C52)  is to use lattice.  I used a Sizzix Christmas Lattice embossing plate on the expresso background.  It did not appear too seasonal so I went with it.  Hard to see on the dark, though.  I am also playing for the first time CASE Study Challenge #3.   This is a relatively new challenge, but I think the idea to CASE someone as a challenge is always fun.  Plus, the August muse is Maki Jones one of my Flourishes blog team members.  WOW! Congrats, Maki!  I cut out my flowers and popped them up like Maki.  I really heart her flower arrangement on her card.    And, last but certainly not least is the Pile It On Challenge 34- "Farewell to Summer!"  I thought the sentiment along with the Summer Memories theme conveyed the farewell theme!  And, as you can tell, I truly did pile it on! 

Be sure to check out the rest of the Flourishes blog team designers to see what summer memory they captured in a card!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!



31 comments:

  1. Yippee! So glad to have you playing with us! :) The CC colours sound great, can't wait to play! Thanks so much for taking the time, my friend - DO come back next week - it will be Maki's last! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous..Love this sunflower..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful...The sunflower is amazing and I love the choice of ribbon... so many details,,:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Betty...this is just delightful! The layers and dimensions...the colors are too gorgeous...Love all of it. Take care my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Betty! This is gorgeous! I love, love, love it! What a fabulous take on that sketch,and oh my, did you ever rock the challenges. Love this color combo and love that sunflower image. Wonderful coloring job, fantastic embossing and punching, love the photo corner and the brads.
    Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an intricate and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Betty!! I so love the coloring of the sunflower and the colors you paired up with it. So bright and fun! Awesome use of the sketch my friend. Hope all is well!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly beautiful card, Betty! Love that flower - so happy and fun!
    Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, the colors are phenomenal and that sunflower is just perfect! Thanks for playing with us in TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a gorgeous card!
    Thanks for Piling It On this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sunflower memory...I have the same one when our daughter was younger and planted them! They are amazing as is your exquisite card today, Betty!! The colors are dramatic, and your sunflower accent is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card as always, Betty! I love how you colored the sunflower and the beautiful satin ribbon bow! You did a fantastic job on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! That sunflower is beautifully colored! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty, I love how you captured your memories on this beautiful card!!! We have lots of sunflowers around here too and the new image really works perfect with it!!! Thanks for playing the C4C with us as well :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an absolutely GORGEOUS card, as always!!!!
    I love this image. I really need to get it.
    I love all the dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWzer Betty this is fabulous! All the dimension, texture and details are wonderful. The sunflower is colored so beautifully!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, I love all the layers and bling on this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is so beautiful Betty! Love the colouring and the devine lady bug is just perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing layers and group of colors Betty! Such a beautiful combination and the pop of the sunflower is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWZA! This is knock out!!! Love these bold colors, big sunflower and pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh...my...goodness...Betty, this is gorgeous! I love how you intricately cut out that wonderful sunflower and that fabulous color combination you used! And you definitely get a gold star in my book for combining so many challenges together...that's a feat in itself! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges, your work is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Isn't it amazing what adding the little ladybug does to the whole!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Betty ... all those layers are just delicious!!! Simply stunning, as usual! I'm such a fan of your gorgeous design work ... thanks for sharing your talents with us all in the Tea Room weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I am speechless....this is a masterpiece Betty! So many wonderful details and so many techniques used. That flower is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Have a GREAT day! Thanks for joining us at PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations, Betty! I just saw that this card made top 3 for TSTR and when I popped over to your blog to see it up close, I can see why! It is just fabulous! The sunflower is just fabulous and I love the bright colors. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Betty,
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On! challenge. Your gorgeous card is part of our TOP 3 Scoops for this week!

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search