Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC86) It is Tuesday and I have a couple of cards today.  My FTTC card is below!  It is a two-fer Tuesday!  My top card is for SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC290)!  Basic Rose Delight!  Basic Gray, Rose Red, and Daffodil Delight!  The dessert option is to choose another color of choice!  Check out the link to play along.  My card is using Flourishes Fine Herbs and Kids Play stamp sets.  I am using one of the new Spellbinder releases called Beaded Ovals.  I thought this shape worked beautifully with the beaded bracelet inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room #29:  Inspiration Challenge. That is one gorgeous bracelet!   I also thought the image I used looked a lot like the image in the heart links.  Added to that some flourished bling for Crazy 4 Challenges(C456): Bling. Incy Wincy Challenge 61:  Anything Goes!  The Corrosive Blog Challenge #83:  Masking (two-tone flower image), and Wild Orchids Challenge 6:  Ribbon and Bows! 

FTTC 86!  It is the end of the month so we have a challenge host! This month's host is Debbie Marcinkiewicz! Debbie is challenging us create a card, project or gift set with a fall/harvest theme using green, brown, orange/russet, and cream! We would love to see what you create!


This FTTC86 card uses Flourishes Falling Leaves stamp set.  I combined BasicGrey Origins and some October Afternoon designer papers.  I stitched the edges and rocked and rolled the stamped leaves in a green and rust.  The images are so beautifully drawn that it is not necessary to color them.  I distressed the edges and finished with some antique brad-like hardware.  These are actually an upholstery find at Micheal's. 

This card is also for a few more challenges.  This week for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge we got to choose any one from the list of challenges.  I chose SSSC06.  This card is also for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #78:  Season's Change.  Cards for Men: No.20 Autumn and One Stitch at a Time:  Anything Goes!  I did do a fancy edge sewing machine stitching.  It is fancy for me.   

Unless otherwise stated in any of my blog posts, I always use Flourishes classic white or Flourishes classic ivory cardstocks.  It has the perfect weight and works beautifully with copics!  Both sold in packs of 25 or 40 sheets! 





Be sure to check out the blog team designers to see what they created with the fall themed colors! 





44 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Betty! Love those lil' butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers and butterflies, what more can I ask for, some bling perhaps :D Gorgeous first card. Love the distressing on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Betty, I am love your first one, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful, but this in brown speaks more to me. Super

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are beautiful! I especially love that big pink bow on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty, both your cards are gorgeous, and your Autumn card is very serene. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both lovely and full of everything Betty!!! Lovely to be back viewing your work B, and super jealous of your nesties, wish we could get a hold of some of the newbies in Aus!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning hun....love the autumnal one best tho!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, Good Luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning cards! Thanks for joining in this week at OSAAT! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty! both cards are wonderful,but I love the first one. The coloring and shading is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty these are BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the yummy ribbon on the first one...GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Betty, these are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors you used for each card. Beautiful designs and embellishments too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card! thanks for playing at the corrosive challenge blog:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Betty! Lovely rhinestones, gorgeous satin and pretty little butterflies for our pearls and pastels challenge this week! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, what an elegant card! I love the simple stamping & the perfectly gorgeous layering! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are always amazing, I'm sorry I don't get to comment on all of them. I LOVE the first card. The colors are so yummy and the die you used amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful cards Betty! love the bling and pretty colors on the first and the 2nd is a great masculine style card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of you cards are just fabulous GF!! Love the big bow on the first one with the little butterfly's. And the second is so warm with a beautiful sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both your cards, the two tone flower is so gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Blog this week. Hugs
    Pinky Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Betty! Both cards are SOOO "YOU!" Just stunning! I love the fact that you enter into so many challenges with just one card! I really like the bling on the first card and the vintage look on the second card. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful cards, Betty! Each one has such a unique and beautiful design. You are so very talented, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, Betty! I love that stunning bow on the top card and the rich earth tones of the second card. You are truly a master!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards Betty, love your talent. B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Betty.... I love both of these FABULOUS cards. very attractive and stunning... I have a difficult time with mens cards... and love what you have created here...I too love that bracelet...it is on my wish list too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have kept up with your Tuesday challenges... last few months not a lot of time-computer problems- busy working problems- blah, blah, blah....!! Love your new blog {I know, probably WAYYYYYYY behind the times!!} For a girl who lives in a small NC town.. you sure do get around and get NEW stuff {teasing}. Love the new nesties and shading you did in the ovals on the first card, second card is "calm" for you but, WOW the perfect stitching!!! Hope you're doing well and your family too!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two gorgeous creations Betty!!! Your surely rocked the challenges!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards is beautiful. I love it!!
    Great Job.
    Many thanks to join us at OSAAT this week.
    Good Luck.
    Hugs from Poland,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card Betty! I love the ribbon and bow and that oh so pretty two tone image! The butterflies are a perfect touch! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What amazing cards, I love the colours and style. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge, hope to see you again next week. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous Betty!! I so love your soft coloring and the sheer elegance of the first and the autumn feel of the second! Beautiful!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  32. you really hit the challenges with these beauties-I love your first card-it is so classic betty and the colors are just gorgeous
    your fall card is such a great masculine card

    ReplyDelete
  33. What gorgeous cards, Betty...the first card with the beaded Nestie and flower images is just sooo elegant and I love all the awesome details on the second!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow..you really know how to work these sets Betty... Gorgeous work.. I love the shabby feel to the second one.. The first one is beautiful with the sponging and colors..Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely stunning! I just got my first order from Flourishes yesterday. I couldn't wait to ink them up and make a card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful creations Betty! Thanks for sharing with us this weeks "Anything Goes" challenge at One Stitch At A Time! hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both cards are just gorgeous, Betty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, stunning cards Betty, I love your style. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. BOTH cards are stunning, Betty!
    I'm DEFINATELY lifting that color combo of your FTTC card!
    Your SSC car is very elegant. a true fall beauty!
    Thank you for sharing your colorful and creative "seasons change" project with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous Betty!!! glad you're gonna me on the other side of our challenges soon!!! You rock lady!
    thanks for joining in this week at STamptacular
    cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh Betty another beautiful masterpiece! I just love the rich tones, the satin ribbon and the beaded oval frame! I just order that and can't wait to get mine! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Verve Stamps

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search