Sunday, November 7, 2010




If you are here for my Stamptacular Sunday Challenge card scroll below this post or click here!




It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC91)!  This week I am your host!  I am challenging us to and inspiration challenge. The inspiration is Cafe Baudelaire Prints. Visit the site and choose a print that inspires you. The images are French shabby chic, but that style card or project is not required. We would love to see what you create with your cardmaking style. If you can, be sure to include the print or the link to the print that you chose for your inspiration! That is one of the fun parts, after all.

I was sick earlier in the week so I have my Flourishes  FTTC post today!     I chose the inspiration posted to the left.  The warm tones and touches of colors!  I kept with the Tea Party theme.  I am using Flourishes Christmas Tea and Christmas Music Background.   I also used one of the border images from Fanciful Flourishes to stamp along the top of my card.  First of all, this is a 5X7 card.  Really hard to get a good picture with a card this size.  I stamped the stacked teacups from the Christmas Teaset onto Annalee dp.  I added glossy enamel and let dry.  I cut out and adhered to the frame portion of the card.  I stamped the Christmas Music  and placed behind the frame. I added a gem flourish and placed little assorted color roses.  I added a crunch ribbon bow with flower.  I used a Karen Fosters Scrapsticks stickpin behind and also to hold my invite for Join Us for Christmas Tea tag.  This particular stickpin comes in pewter, but I used a brown copic marker to give it a more bronze feel. 

This card is also for a few other blog challenges!
Incy Wincy:  Anything Goes!
The Shabby Tea Room:  Inspiration with Tea Cups!
Wild Orchid:  Classic Christmas
Creative Card Crew:  Punch It! (tag)
Tip Top Tuesday:  Christmas Inspired
The Creative Cottage:  Embossing!
Stamp Vacation:  Chose Three (Letter T(tea cups), tag, pop dots(tea cups are popped up)
For Fun:  To Use Metal (stickpin)
Purple Frog:  Sparkle (gem flourish)
Daring Cardmakers:  TOPAZ (used lots of kraft sponged with vintage photo
Raise the Bar Challenge:  Let's See Curves!

Be sure to check out the blog team designers to see what they created with the Cafe Baudelaire Prints inspiration challenge!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!


36 comments:

  1. WOW! So elegant and Vintage!! I adore the teacups with the colors and that fabulous ribbon!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. When ever I need inspiration I come over here :). This is gorgeous. Beautiful tea cups and you do the most fabulous ribbons and bows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tea cups and the vintage feel to this card. Hoping you are feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is an amazing card, love the vintage feel! All the elements are working together perfectly!

    Thanks for joining us over on Incy Wincy this week.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Betty, this is GORJUS! Love the vintage feel and how wonderfully the tea-cups work into that theme. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is a vintage Victorian masterpiece! You've captured the inspiration piece so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome take from the inspiration! Elegant vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Betty...happy to see you are feling better!! Your FTTC challenge was really fun and you created another BEAUTY! awesome take on all the challenges and your IC photo! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, this is GORGEOUS! I love the warm vintage colors! It's perfect! And I'm so glad you're feeling better, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUTSTANDING, Betty! WOW!! I truly love this design ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad t ohear you are felling better gf, love this gorgeous creation-a vintage masterpiece

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is lovely. I love your ribbon and how it lays on the card. The teacups are so fun.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cards Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful vintage card! Gorgeous colors. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. Hope to see you back next week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what beautiful work thanks so much for joining us at the creative cottage challenge this time and good luck! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a little beauty! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH my goodness this is a work of heart.. I LOVE the colors on the tea cups.. What a great way to master the inspiration. SO much beautiful texture. You did a great job.. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sure has the sparkle factor just love it and such beautiful colours!!

    Thanks for joining us over at the CPFC this week Chanelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This has so much romantic charm !
    Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is such a stunning make, i love all the texture you have created


    Sarah-Louise
    tiggertastic blog
    CPF - DT / CCC - DT / BMD - DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh I am so jealous of your ability to do a stunning vintage piece. Thanks so much for participating in our PICK 3 Challenge over at SV. You now have an entry towards the $25.00 gift cert to Marks Finest Papers as well as 4 of their Dec. stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous love the vintage vibe xxx Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  22. smashing creation x Thanks for joining us this week at TOP TIP TUESDAY x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love these Christmas cups done in patterned paper like this Betty! And you are a master with these crinkled ribbons. So warm and rich!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful mix of vintage! Love the teacups stamped on DP!! Gorgeous Gorgeous card Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! What a vintage beauty, Betty! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally jaw-droppingly GORGEOUS. I LOVE this, Betty. The texture, the distressing, the ribbon, just everything is fabulous. This was a wonderful challenge. I so wanted to play along - even had a print picked out, but just ran out of time.

    Hope you are feeling better!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous inspired card Betty! Beautiful faux stain background and tea cups!
    I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW...this is beautiful & the flourish looks fabulous.
    Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog this week, hope to see you again.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card, so elegant!

    Lovely to see your work at Daring Cardmakers! Thanks for joining us!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE IT!!
    Thanks for playing along on For Fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous! I love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous image and love the sparkle used with the added roses.

    Thanks for joining in with us over on TCPF

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at FFC!

    ReplyDelete
  34. All around gorgeous, I love the romantic and vintage feel to this, perfect embellishing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Verve Stamps

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search