Tuesday, January 25, 2011


Hello everyone!  I went back to work today after the FLU!   Everyone looked at me like I was contagious!  I hope noone gets sick or I will be blamed.    It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC102)!  Cindy Haffner is the host this week!  She is challenging us to use some hardware.  I  am using Flourishes  Lace Hearts  stamp set.    For my hardware, I am using a BasicGrey decorative brad that I have inserted into a button. I generally can wrap the prongs around on the back. Sort of like the prongs are hugging the button.  I love this look because it takes some much neglected brads and gives them a new look.  Also, I think it makes the button look a bit dressier or more vintage!  I have been using this look quite a bit lately.  I have lots of brads and buttons! Here are a couple of links (sunflower cardquote card) showing this button/brad combo if you are interested.    I am using the sketch from Card Patterns 99.  Naturally, I had to turn mine upsidedown.  I am also using the colors from SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC307)!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Check out the other Flourishes blog team members and see what they created with hardware!

Cindy   Dee   Silke   Maki, and Tammy!



Here is the deal about my blog candy!  I have a Flourishes Cherry Blossoms stamp set up for grabs to one lucky random commenter!  Woohoo!  I love this set.  Leave me some lovin'.   You have until Friday midnight EST to comment to be eligible for the set!  I will post the winner on Sunday with my Stamptacular Sunday Challenge post.

Here are a few more blog challenges I played along with!
The Crafty Pad:  Girly
Paper Sundaes:  Distressing(ink mostly)
Gem of a Challenge:  Ribbon and Lace
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge:  Ribbon and Heart!
Phindy's Friday:  Valentine for a Loved One!
Totally Papercrafts Challenge:  Add a Heart!  I added a bunch, really!
Wild Orchid:  Sentimental!
365 Cards:  LOVE
365 Cards:  Heart


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps:  Flourishes Lace Heart
Paper:  Flourishes classic Ivory, SU soft suede, elegant eggplant, riding hood red cs and dp
Ink:  memento rhubarb, tuxedo black, PTI camomille
Accessories:  distressed wrinkled ribbon, button, Basicgrey brad, pearl flourish, spellbinders, cb ef, MS border punch, foam dots, dimensionals, glue dots, sponges, Ranger glossy accents





44 comments:

  1. I never tire of that heart image. Lovely card and accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Betty! That heart looks like there is light behind it.
    Did you say blog candy? :) I love the cherry bloom set, it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great card thank's for playing at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya
    wow a gorgeous card, beautiful design, luv all the embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card...love the heart and the button with brad embellishment. Great use of the sketch. Would love to win the Cherry Blossom Stamp. Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love the rich red heart and the ribbon with treatment...very clever to use the decorative brad! Beautiful detail and design as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOWEE Betty this is STUNNING!!!!! LOVE the layers on this and that Heart and pearls..WOW GORGEOUSNESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, I like how you flipped the Sektch! Awesome design and you know I like all the bling :)!!! Happy to hear you are feeling better too...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda H said,,.,A very romantic card! Would love to win the cherry blossom stamp. Is it good to color in? I love to color with my Copics! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful. Love the Red Heart and all your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, this is just beautiful! I love the flower and flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, first that's a beautiful valentine card! And thanks for the chance at some blog candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all that is going on on this card!!!! All of the layers and textures and embellies - just gorgeous!!!!!! Thanks for the chance to win some blog candy and thank for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, but your cards always are. Thank you so much for the chance, the Cherry Blossom set is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab sketch to use to make this card even more beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! So many layers and different elements here. Wow! So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an amazing card!! LOVE it!

    Thank you for playing along with us this week at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is lovely....cool heart. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fancy schmancy card! Love ALL of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad to hear that you're feeling better and had some great mojo to share with us. Lovely heart!! It looks like it's illuminated. Lots of fabulous details.
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, Betty, girl, this is such a beautiful card!!! I love that bold heart and your trademark ribbon treatment!! This BEAUTY needs a frame!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally gorgeous, I love all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this Betty!! I forgot all about that heart stamp. Love all the added details!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your heart is SO pretty in that deep red Betty! and I love the pearls and flowers over it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello my friend! Sorry I haven't been around in so long!! This whole full time job/two kids thing is seriously cramping my online time! LOL! This card is GORGEOUS!! LOVE all the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great way to make a plain ol' button look FABULOUS! Beautiful design, Betty! I love the seam binding bow and all the pearly-swirlies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful Betty and I love your take on the Card Patterns Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous elegance, Betty! Amazing details! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful card! love the border punch and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi

    love love this card, gorgeous detail, thanks for joining us at tpc

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful Valentine card, but I really love your Simple Pleasures! card... truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooooh, ahhhhhh, look at that rich, gorgeous, glowing red heart! Love that sweet little heart border, too. Splendid, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an outstanding card - the colours pops right out.
    Thanks for the chance to win the gorgeous stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful card,love it...Thanks for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very beautiful, fancy, card!

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete
  36. gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my Betty! What a STUNNING card! Love all the layers and fancy heart border!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Betty I ADORE those pearls, FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous as usual, Betty!!! So many yummy details!! Love it!!! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Verve Stamps

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search