Saturday, January 29, 2011


Happy Saturday everyone!  Had a little time in my craftroom today to play!  WooHoo! 
This card is for  a few challenges.  It is for SCS Inspiration Challenge IC269. Wow! What a gorgeous site! I went with one of the three choices Step chose from the many gorgeous options. Here is my inspiration.

I am using one of Verve's last month's VLV January sketches. I really loved this sketch, but did not have a chance to play with it last month.  However, I could not get it out of my head. I have not done a long and low card in awhile so I just knew this inspiration with some left over Jenni Bowlin papers would be perfect to combine with my new stash of Verve I got in the mail.  WooHoo! My card is somewhat tiny by my card standards.  It is only  3 x 6.  I inked up all of the edges of the base, background, and dp pieces with distressing ink. I stitched around the card with regular stitches and zig zag stitched vertical.  I then had fun with my new Verve dies and just layered and played.  I used the two hearts from the Text Object set, color with copics, cut out, and edged with some glitter.  I really love how it turned out. 

I have included my card in a few other blog challenges as well!
Crazy4 Challenges72:  Vintage
Aud Sentiments:  Love Theme
Spoonful of Sugar:  Valentine
Creative Belli Challenge:  Letter P (pearls, papers)
Little Red Wagon:   Lace....lace doily
CYDA:  Love
Tellen's Place:  For the guys
Wild Orchid:  Sentimental
Paper Sundaes:  Distressing
Opus Gluei:  Key to My Heart


Stamps: Verve Thankful Hearts Sweet Treats, Text Objects
Paper: Ivory, Jenni Bowlin dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Ranger brick red, PTI camomille
Accessories: Verve classy label and embossed oval dies, MS precut doilie, Prima pearls, sewing machine square punch(notches on banner), glue pen, glitter, copic markers




Betty

21 comments:

  1. what a fabulous creation...perfectly shabby chic...thanks so much for playing with the Crazies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to flash some Verve, Betty :) Lovely use of that sketch and a great card to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage creation, Betty! Love all the papers, the flourish of beads and the lovely hearts! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the different papers. This is a very pretty card. The pearl flourishes are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! What a fun sketch - going to have to try that one just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Betty - love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Betty. How beautiful. Love all the different papers and your design. The centrepiece is very effective, and the hearts and pearls are the most wonderful finishing touches. Thank you fopr joining us at Tellens Place and good luck. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty! Welcome to Opus Gluei and thank you so much for submitting your card. Have I mentioned it is gorgeous? It is, I really love it! There are so many pretty touches and they come together to make a lovely card.

    Hope you consider coming back and participating in our future challenges, I would love to see more pretty eye candy from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! Love the papers and colors you mixed up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love the layout! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card and great job on the distressing. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, how wonderful. I love the luscious combination of designer papers and the wonderful vintage feel you have achieved! Those gorgeous pearl flourishes are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is very elegant and gorgeous Betty. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, gorgeous, Betty!!! I just love the combo of papers you used and the pearl flourish adds such a touch of elegance!!!! Thanks for joining us in the Creative Belli challenge...it's always such a joy to see your cards on the Belli blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card with lots of interest. Thankyou for sharing these at Tellen's Place this week and hope you'll comeback next time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderfully elegant card. It's gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous -I love the pearl swirls and the papers are really cool; makes a great card! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place this week for our "Male" card challenge. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card and a great selection of papers!
    Thanks for playing along with our Love challenge this time over at Craft Your Days Away!

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search