Tuesday, February 1, 2011






It is time for Flourishes FTTC103 Challenge! This week Silke Ledlow is the host. Silke is challenging us to make a Valentine's card! Easy enough, right? We would love to see what you create!


I thought it would be easy enough, but I needed to combine this challenge with SCS Color Combo Challenge CC308! Not a bit of red or pink in the bunch! So I was on a mission to feel the love with some white, basic gray, and river rock!



I hope I did it!  I am using Flourishes Thinking of You, Vintage Wallpaper background, and  I love Roses(sentiment) stamp sets. I stamped the vintage wallpaper background in smokey shadow.  I sponged some camomille ink to vintage it up a bit.  I used some SU striped patterned paper that I also sponged a bit.  I paper pieced the edges and added the focal arrangement with sentiment.  Finished with some seam binding and gold pearls.


Make sure you check out the other blog team designers to see their Valentine creations! 
Cindy   Dee   Silke   Maki, and Tammy


We are also introducing February's Guest Designer Laura Pryor


Betty




I am playing a few other blog challenges, too!
Paper Sundaes:  Valentine's
Cards for Men:  Valentine/Love perfect for my guy...no pink!
Kaboodle Doodles: Monochromatic (mostly gray)
Wild Orchid:  Love Is....
Sisterhood of Crafters:  Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss:  As You Like It!
MFP:  Valentine
Fussy and Fancy:  Valentine no pink or red!
Simply Create:  Give your heart away (Valentine)
Mama Doodles:  The Magic of Love
Charisma Cardz:  Valentine/Love
Creatilicious Challenge:  Ribbons and Love
Bunny Zoe's Craft:  Love is in the Air

33 comments:

  1. Love the non-traditional colours you used, Betty! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a fabulous job on these challenges. I am going to have to get me some of this seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty

    What a fabulous creation I love it! The tree is just gorgeous and love what you did with the background. Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodle and we look forward to you joining us again!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Valentine card, great colour! Thanks for joining in Kaboodle Doodles this week and hope to see you again. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely did it! Wonderful Valentine card Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful Valentine card, Betty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge this week!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Betty! Cool how you didn't add pink or red...I would have gone crazy...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gorgeous and elegant Betty! I love the beaded oval frame and how you placed the saying! Fabulous detail and DPs too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fabulous card so chic
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty!!! This is AMAZING for not having ant pink or red!!! Brilliant and Beautiful card! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is totally amazing! What a gorgeous design for a Valentine! Don't know how you pulled it off without using traditional colors, BUT YOU DID IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant - has a vintage feel to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is stunning! You did such a fabulous job with this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, your card is absolutely lovely!!! Perfection to a TEE!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so elegant Betty. Love the color combo too. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely GORGEOUS card, with beautiful details....... Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    Hugs Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful for a Valentine! I just love this, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This turned out beautifully, Betty! It reeks of elegance with those colors and the black really stands out! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Betty!! I love the black and white. Fab stamps too:)As always the details really take this over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very beautiful! Love that ribbon :)

    Thanks for joining Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Betty this is JUST GORGEOUS! LOVE your none tradition Valentine's creation ... what an inspiration!
    Thanks again for joining us at The Sisterhood ... we hope to see you again next challenge. I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your work! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is simply beautiful!
    You hit it out of the park with this one!
    Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty Betty. I love the layout you used for this card. These colors are some of my favorite..Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply stunning! Love the black and cream, it is so elegant!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful Betty! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! So elegant. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at simply create

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the non-traditional colors for V-Day! Beautiful! Thanks for playing Simply Create this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such an elegant card! Love all of the layers, details and that yummy bow. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful, can't beat the black and cream color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Verve Stamps

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search