Sunday, March 6, 2011


Happy Sunday!   It is time for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!  This week the theme is  "You Lucky Duck!"  We are making Good Luck, Congratulations, and Best Wishes themed cards.   I was finally able to play with some of my PTI stamps.  I thought I would try the fun foam challenge for this week's Make It Monday Challenge #4.  The flower die cut layer is fun foam that I die cut with the PTI limitless layer 1.75 set.  I sponged it with PTI camomille ink for a more vintage feel. I stamped the Embellishment image on the 1.75 inch circle die cut.  I stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dahlia set.  I layered with the Mat Stack 4 die cut that I embossed with the woodgrain impressions plate. I finished with black satin ribbon and touches of gold pearls with an antique gold button. I was hoping I could create an elegant vintage look with fun foam. 

Stamps: PTI
Paper:  PTI true black, Recollections elegance dp
Ink:  PTI camomille and chai,, Memento tuxedo black, versamark, vintage cream
Accessories:  PTI limitless layers, Mat stack 3, woodgrain impressions plate, sponges, ranger distressing tool, foam circles, fun foam, MS border punch, gold pearls, gold button, glue dot

Yesterday on my blog post I mentioned that my son's Odyssey of the Mind team was in competition.  Our team won Second Place in their division at the awards ceremony.  WooHoo!  We are all so proud!  There were fourteen groups in this division competing.  We are so thrilled for the team!  The second place win assured us a slot at the states competition in April in Asheville, NC!


I am playing in a few other blog challenges!
Anything Goes Challenge: Distressing
Paper Play Challenges: Shabby Chic/Vintage
Play Date Cafe Challenge:  Black and white with a splash of color (gold hues and tones)!
Wild Orchid Challenge:  Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: Favorites(gold pearls, big bows, dp, die cuts, sponged edge distressing)
My Grafico Challenge: Anything Goes


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

 



29 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and a huge congrats to your son's team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and chic; love it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is stunning! Congrats to your son! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Amazing card! Brings a whole new level of decadent and rich to shabby chic! Love the gorgeous layers and details ~ Thank you for sharing your lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! LOVE the paper you chose. So elegant.
    Congratulations to your son! That is wonderful news.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant card, really beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL Betty, I LOVE your ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Betty! Very elegant and shabby at the same time!

    Congrats to your son and his team! What a wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful entry for the gallery at The Play Date Cafe. I love the elements and everything about the design : ) Thanks so much for playing in The Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautifully decorated card, very elegant, thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Betty! I was looking for the foam, but you made a flower!!! Gee, you are soooo good at this. Even your shabby looks more than chic! :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all,congratulations to your son's team!!! Good for them! Your card is gorgeous...I love anything black and white...I just love this one Betty!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So elegant Betty! Love the pretty bow. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. So elegant! Love it!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting!
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a beautiful shabby chic card betty-love all the distresing-funny you should mention the odyssey of the mind competition-my 8 year old nephew was in this competition yesterday-I had never heard of it before and now I hear about it from you-a big congrats to your son-not sure how my nephew fared

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS card Miss Betty! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to your son and his team - that's fantastic!!

    Your card is drop dead gorgeous! The DP is fabulous and I love the loose layer effect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I just LOVE everything about it!!! Simly stunning!!!

    Thanks so much!!
    Michele R.(CA)
    LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
    Butterfly Whispers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning and very elegant card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to your son and his team. Love what you created.

    Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey there! what a lovely card! would really love to know what is your favourite too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the papers with the curled edges, and HUGE congrats to your son's team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! Love the patterns and textures and those lovely layers! Such a juicy card :) Thanks for splashing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful shabby chic-ness Betty! Love the dimension! thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card, love the colour combo and the layering is just fantastic! Thanks for playing at Paper Play this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Betty, I'm not a bit surprised that I love your creation so much; you always ROCK! Thanks for joining us at the Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE all those peeling layers, Betty, and that you used such a subtle splash of color! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous card. Love your vintage layers. Thanks for being part of this week's PaperPlay Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this Shabby Chic Creation! Thanks for playing in the My Grafico Monthly Challenge!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Verve Stamps

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search