Tuesday, August 30, 2011


Happy Tuesday!   I finally got power today!   Thanks so much for all the prayers everyone!  Schools are still closed tomorrow as there are still many without power and water.  

I finally had a chance to play in my craft room!  It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday(FTTC133) Challenge!   Silke is the challenge host this week! Silke is challenging us to BINGO!   Select 3 items that are in a straight line, either horizontal, vertical or diagonal and use these on your card/ project.  Please mention which row you chose to play.  Looking forward to seeing what you create. 


I chose the middle column!  For my card, I am using Flourishes Zinnias set.   I stamped the floral image and sentiment with Memento tuxedo black ink onto Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock.  I colored with Flourishes Copic Color Collections.  I am using My Mind's Eye Rosy designer paper. All the panels were ink distressed.  I stitched the base and square panels .   I used some Spellbinder's  for focal image and frame.   I finished with some cream seam binding, bow with button, natural memory thread, and a pearl.  

I chose this zinnia flower today because while without power we went to my parents for the day on Sunday after the hurricane was over.  The sun was out and unless you looked around you would never thought just hours before a hurricane was in progress.  Well, right there beside my mom's side porch was a long stem zinnia.  No other flower on the stem just that one.  It was leaning way over, but it still looked gorgeous and had weathered all the hard wind and rain.  My kids even spoke of how pretty it looked. 


Check out what the rest of the team created!

Beate  Cindy  Heather  Maki  Silke  Tammy 
August's Guest Designer is Allison Cope

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



Playing along with a few blog challenges!
 Paper Players Challenge 61!
Inspire Me Friday  Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey Anything Goes

Stamp R Us
Anything Goes
AiFactory -  Anything Goes 
Craft Us Crazy Anything goes in August
Sisterhood of Crafters  flowers

Ellephantastic August: Add some layers
Jellypark Challenges  punches and/or die cuts
 

CASE Study Challenge  Show us your Signature Style






Stamps: Flourishes Zinnias
Paper:  Flourishes Classic Ivory, MME Lost and Found Rosy
Ink:  PTI chai, chamomille, Memento tuxedo black
Accessories: Spellbinder's, nestabilities,  button,  foam circles, dimensionals,  seam binding,sewing machine, pearls, memory thread, copics

39 comments:

  1. gosh, this is so pretty! love that floral stamp.
    thanks for playing along in our die cuts/punches challenge at Jellypark Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Betty!! those flowers are beautiful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and elegant card, really love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love the zinnias in red (course I love the zinnias period!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. - got happy fingers - Glad you weathered the storm ok and have power back....living in Florida (even if NW) we have been through a couple - thankfully only one big one since we have lived here, but that would be more than enough for me, if I had an sayso....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Betty. I love the sentiment off to the side of the Zinnias. I am so glad you are all safe and sound. I worried about you the whole time. I understand how frustrating it is to go without power for days and lose all your food in the fridge. Hugs to you sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a gorgeous card, thank you for joining us this month at Ellephantastic.
    Good luck
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, your card is gorgeous! Love the rich colors, the layout and paper you used.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is simply gorgeous thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Betty! That gorgeous shade of red is stunning along with that pretty green paper! I'm so glad you were able to get a card made, and things are getting back to normal at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous flowers and loving the colour combo. Great card! Glad to hear you are safe and sound after Irene and you have power once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Betty! Love the vibrant red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, this is just beautiful..I do love zinnias. Glad to hear the story of why you used it and so glad you were all o.k. from Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty this is GORGEOUS, I'm so glad you are all save!!~

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shading and details are just lovely. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the zinnia set more and more each time I see how it's being used.
    Super lovely card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Betty... I just love the image and the coloring... WOW!!!! Your cards always floor me! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely GORGEOUS Betty! Thanks so much for joining our 'Flower' challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Betty, glad you did get a chance to play! Your card is so beautiful! Love the colors and how you colored the flowers! Happy to hear you all are okay..!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just a beautiful card, Betty. Your coloring is wonderful and I love all of the details. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamps R Us.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Betty! The colors are awesome and I love the big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Betty, Betty, Betty, This has got to be on the cover of a magazine!! I love everything so much, where do I start? It's simply breathtaking! I am so in awe of your mad card skills!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Betty! This is stunning! I love the added distressing and your beautiful design. Thank you for allowing me to join you and the rest of the Flourishes team for the month of August.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super beautiful Betty!!! I love the colors of the zinnias! The bows and SB frame are so stunning!
    Glad you had a time to stamp and post. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely colors and beautiful bow! The flowers are colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ack! This is sooo pretty, Betty! Glad your power is back on & you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is just beautiful I love the flower image and the big bow with the button centre just finishes it off beautifully, thanks for sharing with us over at Jellypark friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Betty this is gorgeous!! Love the ribbon and the background frame. Gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. so pretty. love the flowers and the coloring and the piercing detail. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Betty, this is just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card, Love the way you did the Zinnias. Such a nice fall feel to your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love those red flowers, and even the leaves are colored beautifully! Gorgeous card. And, the photo itself is magnificent. I'm glad you made it through the storm safely.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous Betty! I love the die cut behind it and your image is perfectly colored! Wow! I always love your bows too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am always astounded by the sheer beauty of your cards Betty and this was nno exception - it's stunning - love the colours your chose x
    Thanks for playing along at Jellypark friends Friday challenge & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search