Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hope!



I have just recently started using kraft cardstock more myself. So, when Julia said to use kraft, I knew I had to play. Thanks, Julia for a fabulous challenge.


I am using ODBD Cross of Christ set. I stamped a background image in vintage cream craft ink and let dry....no embossing. I also layered the Spellbinders Label 4 images. The label 4 kraft layer I ran through my crimper and then through the big kick to flatten the crimp look some. I sponged the edges in vintage craft ink. I finished my card with some organdy ribbon and pearl domes in the corners.


I thought my use of kraft cardstock with the cream lends itself to a more elegant look with this card. I would never have thought to use kraft for an elegant look, but it works for me.


Stamps ODBD Cross of Christ, CHF Leaves 3 backgrounder
Cardstock PTI Vintage Cream, Kraft
Ink Palette Vintage Cream, dark chocolate
Accessories Nestabilities, circle punches, pearl domes, organdy ribbon, foam tape, foam dots, sponges


6 comments

  1. This is sooo beautiful, wow I love your nesties and design...gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Betty girl...you sure do know how to make Kraft look FABULOUS!!!! I just love everything about this beauty....sigh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, this is just so PRETTY! I love those Labels 4 dies...really adds to the beauty of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betty, this is WONDERFUL! That poem is inspirational, and your card is simply GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card Betty! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa....this is so powerful....I just read the quote about ten times in a row!!! Wow, beautiful work....very inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.