Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stamping In Time: On Assignment with Betty(SNTODBD01)!




I am so excited!!! I have a bit of an announcement to make. I am hosting a new blog assignment challenge for ODBD called Stamping In Time: On Assignment with Betty. Please check out the ODBD blog for more details on how to play along!


The Challenge Assignment!

This week we are using ODBD Scripture Collection 1 and Scripture Collection 2. stamp sets. You can pick one of your favorite scriptures from either set to use on your card. Our challenge this week is word spotlighting. Come up with creative ways to highlight or focus on key scripture words! In addition, but not required, you may choose any other ODBD image set on the card. Please load to your blog or online gallery using the keyword SNTODBD01. You must link your card back to the ODBD Stamping In Time post! Looking forward to seeing your creation!


I combined SCS SC263 and SCS ODBD Forum Challenge ODBDC110
For my card I chose from the Scripture Collection Ecc. 3:11. I am using always artichoke, ruby red, and ivory cardstocks. I decided that many of the print patterns in the basicgray wassail dp were not limited to Christmas looks only. I love this floral pattern. I cut out the capitalized wording and made a tiny banner look with it. I used ruby red ink to hightlight this part of the scripture. I addeded many gold pearls. The ones on the top panel are to represent another layer that is in the sketch challenge image. I added my fou fou sheer ribbon bow that I topped with a cream button. I punched out a flower and added a gold metallic dew drops to the top of the gold corded tiny bow. I used some Ranger antique linen and vintage photo inks to soften the edges of my cream oval. I finished with the tiny butterflies from the MS butterfly punch with some ruby red cardstock and scraps of the basicgray pattern print I used.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and your comments are greatly appreciated!






18 comments

  1. Congratulations Betty!!! You are an inspiration to so many, I know your challenges will be a big success.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good verse to reflect on and you have showcased it wonderfully, Betty. Love that big bow and look at all those gold pearls you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Betty!! LOVE the popped sentiment!! What a wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh gorgeus card Betty! It's so beautiful and elegant. YOU ARE GONNA ROCK the assignment challenges over at ODBD!!!! I look forward to all that excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous!! You belong in the spotlight, Betty!!! Your challenges will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers, Betty...this is absolutely the most gorgeous creation!! I wish some of your style would rub off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word this is STUNNING!!! Betty you never seize to amaze me with your talent!!! I LOVE these colors, layout and all that bling looks AMAZING!!! FABULOUS CARD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty your last cards have just all be gorgeous. I have been gone and trying to catch up with my blogs. Love them all, very elegant and classy and I'm excited about the new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Betty! And this creation is really fabulous sweetie...they always are : )

    What a beautiful sentiment, lots of bling, and lovely butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Betty, you are going to be AWESOME!!! This card is beautiful - love the highlighted words and that luscious bow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you picked up a phrase to highlight. Neat look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a STUNNER Betty! GORGEOUS stamps and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Betty!! Love the gold accents, that bow, and your highlighting of the words. I had fun joining in on this challenge!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. So crazy happy you are still a part of ODBD by doing the Bi-monthly challenges! You're so awesome! Your card is so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous, Betty! So sweet and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, I appreciate the comments on my blog and the peel off borders I think came from www.popuptemplates.com or I got them in UK but usually I get them from Jerry on pop ups.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.