Sunday, July 22, 2012

Perk Up! K-Cup gift holder




I have a gift set to show today. I am using the sketch from this week's Verve's Viva La Verve Week 4 (VLVJUL2012)! Maureen is the hostess this week! Great sketch, Moe! 
I am using Verve's Better With You, Love Notes, Sunny Days, and Sip and Savor stamp sets. I combined these images with the coordinating Verve Cut Above Classy Label, From the Heart, and Leafy Sprigs dies. 

For this card I chose to make a little K-cup gift holder.  I wanted something that is pretty simple to put together, but in no way compromises the integrity of the K-cup when you use it in your machine.  No adhesives were used directly to the cup itself.  


I started with a strip of card stock   1 3/4 wide and 9 inches long.  I stamped the sentiment from Better with You set alternating the pattern a bit as I went using Memento cocoa ink.  I added the coffee spill rings in Ranger brushed corduroy.  I then added the tiny heart image from Sip and Savor to fill in the empty spaces.  I stamped both sides of the card stock using the opposite colors inside than out.  I scored my lines, added a piece of score tape to the top then die cut the little cut out in the top for a tiny little handle.  I ticket edge notched the corners.  I added a corrugated thin cardboard band around the K-cup that fits snug but is not glued to the K-cup at all.  Just slips off.  I finished with a little heart tag with the coordinating dp.  


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

Stamps

Verve Stamps
Paper MME Hazel dp, SU expresso, PTI vintage cream
Ink PTI hawaiian shore, Memento rose bud and cocoa, Ranger brushed corduroy, Versamark
Accessories Verve Cut Above Dies, corrugated paper, copics, MFT notebook edge(negative space), foam tape, natural floss, dimensionals, PTI button card die cut

13 comments

  1. Sooo cute! I love it! Can you tell me how you made the little take out thingy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops! just went back and read your post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely set! What a great gift. I love all the papers and fun details you used on both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea and looks so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little cup holder!! What a fabulous set you've created, Betty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun gift set Betty! I LOVE it as much as I do my Keurig :) What a fab idea!!! Thanks so much for the amazing inspiration as ALWAYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab gift set Betty! Love the papers on the card and embellies.
    The cup holder is adorable.
    I hope you have a great week.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, Love those papers. Great job...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project and card. I don't drink coffee, but I love your gift set. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the whole idea, the cup carrier is darling and I love the papers and colors that you chose. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How super cute is this??? Betty you are just to the moon and back---a gift form the Lord!!! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your eye for colour, and the coffee cup accompaniment is a genius touch. Gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. For this card I chose to make a little K-cup gift holder. I wanted something that is pretty simple to put together, but in no way compromises the ... kcupsholder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.