Friday, August 10, 2012

You're the Coolest Chick I Know!




Happy Friday!  I have a card to share with you today using this week's Mojo Monday sketch253.  It is contest week!  I turned the sketch.

For my card I am using Verve's Chicks Rule stamp set.  I also cut into a new stamp pad I just got in the mail.  I am using BasicGrey PB&J Collection.  I layered the patterns with some coodinating card stock, stitched the edges, and created a fun sort of hot air balloon look with the basket bottom from the stamp set combined with a spellbinders die tied with some red/white string.  I colored the basket and chick with copic markers.  I finished with some gold pearls, seam binding bow topped with button and twine bow.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

 


Stamps Verve's Chicks Rule
Paper The Paper Company kraft, PTI ripe avocado, SU pool party, BasicGrey PB&J, Flourishes Classic White
Ink Ranger brushed corduroy, Memento black
Accessories Seam binding, PTI poppy button, string, foam tape, dimensionals, glue dot, copics, gold pearls, spellbinders dies

7 comments

  1. Just too adorable!! Love the baker's twine as ropes for the balloon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch Betty!! The balloon is perfect with the twine!! Awesome work!! Adorable!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this Verve set! Great card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Betty! Love your creative use of this set in creating a hot air balloon! Great take on the Mojo sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Betty!! Love the colors and your image is great too. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and adorable. I love it. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.