Friday, June 20, 2014



 
Happy Friday!   It is time for Week 3 of the Viva La Verve Weekly Sketch Challenge!  This week we have a sketch by Chaitali  +  inspiration picture. Check out the VLV blog for more details.  


For my card I am using some Beautiful Moments Carta Bella dp.  I combined Verve's Poppy Birthday with Beautiful PJ stamps with Verve's Build a Poppy  and Flag It die sets.    I finished my card with Verve's Shine Bright Sequin Mix. 
   
I have been experimenting with different types of products to add to my cards so adhesives have become a big concern for me.  They must be easy to use and have staying power. Here are some I got that I am just loving! 

I have been using Scor-Tape for awhile now.  Very affordable and it seriously works!  I just needed to add some to my stash.  Never want to be without this adhesive.   Something new I tried on this card to glue the sequins is the TomBow Mono Aqua Liquid glue.   I really love it!  The dual ended dispensing makes exact application perfect.  Love the clear liquid, too!  Dries fast and stays put! 

 I also used X-Press It Foam Mounting Tape.  Love this stuff!  Great dimension and the adhesive really sticks. 

Since I embossed the sentiment on this card, one of the things I usually use is Versamark.  I have used it for years.  However, I needed a new pad so I thought I would try the Watermark / Resist Ink Pad & re-inker from Ranger.  I must say not all watermark pads are created equal.  I am truly loving the rich watermark look achieved with this pad as well as the rich embossed finish when using embossing powders.  Seeing is believing!  I just found a new "go to."

I am playing along with the NBUS Challenge:  Something NEW or unused with "Anything Goes."  (NEW: pierced circle Stax).  Also, playing along with Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge:  For a Friend.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

9 comments:

  1. This is a marvelous take on the sketch, Betty! I love how your dotted panels resembling rusching on a dress! Very cool design element! Thank you for joining in my NBUS Challenge again!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I forgot to say thank you for the tips on adhesives and the Ranger watermark pad! djk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cool! I love how you layered up the papers at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Betty! Love those pretty blossoms and sequins scattered about! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving t hose poppies, Betty, and the fun banner paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunner with your paper-pieced flowers, Betty! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Betty-love this Verve stamp set and you worked this sketch

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO very pretty and clever! I really love how you did the pattern paper on the bottom - I'll have to try that! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and I love all the layers and of course love those sequins! I use foam tape on almost every card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

I Design For

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Counter

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search

Loading...