Friday, October 21, 2016

Verve's October Release Retrospective Blog Hop!







Welcome to Verve's October Release Retrospective Blog Hop!  Today the Verve Divas and Guest Divas are back with another dose of inspiration using the brand new release! All of our new products are available to order in the Verve shop and on sale through the end of October! Plus, we've got a sweet hop prize in store!





For my card I started with some smooth white card stock and ranger distress inks.  I brushed on hues of blues and purples.  I spritz with water to remove some color then added some white and black splatters.  I stamped the leafy sprig from Autumn Blessing stamp set with black hybrid ink and colored with copic markers.  I die cut it using the Autumn Thanks die set. 




For my sentiment, I die cut the word thanks from the Autumn Thanks die set three times in black and once in gold.  I layered the images for added dimension.  I added some loose threading and finished my card with some Verve Shine Bright Sequin Mix.  







Want to win some shiny new Verve? Julee will be picking a random comment winner on one of the hop spots below to win a $40 gift voucher to Verve! To be entered in the giveaway, leave a little comment love as you hop around to the blogs linked below! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize info and deadlines!




Release Retrospective Hop List
1. Julee7. Vickie (Guest)
2. Marisa8. Maureen
3. Charmaine9. Christyne
4. Betty10. Laurie
5. Stacey11. Teresa
6. Lisa (Guest)12. Lesley



I am playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge. 




 As always thanks so much hopping by!

Betty

41 comments

  1. Beautiful. Like your idea of die cutting the word 'thanks multiple times to make it really stand out more. The loose threading and a bit of bling really makes for a very lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loose thread is such a simple embellishment but it does add something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Betty! Love the swirly cosmic look to your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch & lovely colors, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww.... Love your background, fabulous! It matches so well with the lovely sentiment and the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the watercolor effects. So vibrant and a great combination for your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great presentation of verve!!! attractive card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful background for this gold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous background, gorgeous colors & gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh love the gorgeous background - so vibrant - thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card!! I like how you curved the leaves to mimic the background shading - fantastic eye to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bold beautiful colors and the creative way you used the dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did such a wonderful job on your background. It is so eye-catching and gorgeous! And the colors are so bold and vibrant! This may be one of the prettiest "thank you" cards I have seen in awhile. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a classy card. Love the minimalist look which has just tons of interest. True artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Betty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooooo gorgeous!! That background is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inspiring background. I'll have to try some black splattering,as it makes such an impression.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betty another stunning card. CAS and stunning.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Amazing card! I love so much the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant Betty, a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome card! I love it! Especially the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this - saw it over on CAS(E) and was so impressed with the rich coloring. I really like the loose threading and have never been able to get it to look like that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the way you colored the background.
    the colors are beautiful.
    Wonderful card
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous background. I love the layered thanks die. Looks wonderful against the background. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the beautiful background and lovely colors. I like how you added the splatters and the thread loops.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning card....that background is so amazing, love the wonderful colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE the background and the colors! Love how it is layered.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! Love those colours! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Those colours on the background! LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely. I don't do those spots as I always make them Wayyy bigger than I like!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your background is amazing and love how the card looks like it is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That background is just stunning! Love the curve of the laurels too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh this is just gorgeous! Your background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Betty,, your card is beautiful and so elegant! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh the unexpected color scheme tied in with the gold "thanks" sentiment = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  37. lbkingboyle@gmail.comApril 27, 2017 at 2:34 AM

    Beautiful! I absolutely Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.