Thursday, February 14, 2019

You Mean the World to Me!




Happy Thursday!  I am popping in with a card to share.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.

I am playing along with Papertrey Ink Win It Wednesday Challenge. We are to use our favorite color card stock.  I love greens.  Today, I am focusing on ripe avocado!

I am also playing along with Inkspirational Challenge and Freshly Made Sketches.



I started my card by die cutting the
Bold Borders: Arabesque die using ripe avocado card stock with my Gemini Jr.  I layered this panel onto a ripe avocado base.  I die cut a Dear Jane Pattern Paper using the same die.  I ink distressed the inlaid pieces using fine linen ink.


Next, I die cut and stamped the focal spray using Fresh Bouquet stamp set and Fresh Bouquet dieI used autumn rose, scarlet jewel, prairie grass, summer sunrise, and
harvest gold inks. I used some foam tape to pop up the flower.  I added some noir Nuvo ebony crystal drops to add texture to the centers of the flowers.


I die cut the word "you" that comes in the Bold Borders: Arabesque die three times with vintage cream card stock and one with the Dear Jane Pattern Paper.  I inked distressed the edges.  I layered all the layers together with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive


The fishtail portion of the sentiment came from Scripted Stamp set.  I stamped using versamark and clear embossed onto Wine Bottle Tag #2 die.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



14 comments

  1. Betty, this is beautiful! I love how you inlaid the script pieces, very unique look. Overall fabulous card, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the contrast of your florals on the ripe avocado cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautifully designed card Betty. I really like how you used the text background so we only see little snippets but then follow this through to the sentiment. Your flower cluster is layered to perfection and the nuvo drops the touch of texture which makes the card even more special.Thanks for joining us at Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such clever color choices. Very striking! So glad to have found you through Papertrey Ink's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed very beautiful. Its awesome how you inlaid the tiny bits of papers. Also how the 'you'is cut from the same paper.
    Thank you for sharing in the Inkspirational gallery

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this card and had to come by and tell you how fabulous it is! I love green so this one had me swooning! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful...love that gorgeous green background and all the wonderful details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card! I love every shade of green and Ripe Avocado is right up there. This turned out a real winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is just gorgeous, Betty! The inlaid die technique with the text paper, the stunning spray of flowers, the die cut 'You' and your color choices- all gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... love this! Your creative use of the text is so sweet and I love the color combination with the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful bouquet, Betty! You did an amazing job to create the background using the inlaid die technique. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful bouquet, Betty! You did an amazing job to create the background using the inlaid die technique. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely bouquet and it's beautiful on the green and print background. LOVE the way you did the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on getting top picks at Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.