Saturday, March 2, 2019

Wishing You a Wonderful Day!





Happy Saturday!  I am playing along with a few blog challenges,





I started with a piece of PTI select white card stock.  I die cut the Cover Plate: Chicken Scratch die.  I ink blended from the top down creating an ombre look just as the wall in the photo using tropical teal, hawaiian shores, and aqua mist inks. I used the sponge tool to brush downward on the card stock for added dimension and depth.   I feel this gives the background a "unique" look.


Next, I used some acrylic black and white paint to add some splatters to the background.  I added some foam tape
 to the background and popped it up on a top folding PTI select white card stock base.



 For the flowers, I die cut and stamped using Botanical Bounty stamp set and Botanical Bounty coordinating die set.  I arranged the flowers and leaves using foam tape for a few pieces for added dimension.


For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment from Sentiment Staples:  Just a Note Mini stamp set using versamark ink.  I white embossed then die cut using the Wine Bottle Tag #2 die sentiment strip.  


 I finished my card with a few clear sequins which are my favorite embellishment.   I also used my Gemini Jr. and Tim Holtz's stamping platform!

As always thank so much for stopping by!



11 comments

  1. Beautiful card! I love the colors and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the contrast in colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Betty! I love your unique background! It's very interesting, but it still allows your beautiful bouquet to take center stage!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! i LOVE the background on this card. It really makes the beautiful flowers you chose POP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Betty. What an interesting background...and it works perfectly with those blossoms. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background. The perfect backdrop for your flowers. Thanks fo playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely unique background - I love the ombre look and ink splatters. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to come by for a closer look...your background is absolutely AMAZING Betty!! It is so pretty and yet your beautiful flowers are still the focal point! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the watercolour look of your card, and your background is amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Betty!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the colored card base and all of the texture. Your card is stunning Betty!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.