Thursday, October 10, 2019

Filled with Cheer!




Happy Thursday!  I have two cards to share today using Simon Says Stamps Cheer And Joy October Release!



Today I am showcasing the Simon Says Stamps Snowflake Stencil.  I am playing along with SSS Wednesday Challenge: Christmas Cards! 


I have just started using transfer gel within the past month.  When the snowflake stencil arrived I just knew I had to create some colorful snowflakes with foil.  I am totally hooked on how easy it is to foil. I used a laminator I purchased years ago. Works beautifully!



I started with some kraft card stock.  I combined the stencil with some Therm-O-Web Transfer Gel and Summer Rainbow Foil.   The stencil pal foil tool makes spreading the gel easy and even.  Once I removed the foil,  I sponged the edges of the kraft card stock with some versamark ink for added definition.  I added this panel to a top folding white card stock base. I added a sentiment from SSS Inside Christmas Greetings stamp set using red ink.  I die cut with a stitched rounded rectangle die.  I used foam tape to pop it the sentiment panel up onto the kraft.  The foiling is so beautiful I did not want to add much to the card other than the sentiment.  I finished with a few clear sequins.


If you want to see white snowflakes in a sea of Summer Rainbow foil, then my second card is it. The negative foil relief is too pretty to toss, so I decided to use it for this card.  


  I wrapped the top edges and taped down on the back of a piece of white card stock. I fishtailed a vellum card stock strip.  I stamped the sentiment from SSS Inside Christmas Greetings stamp set using versamark and clear embossed.  I then stamped the adorable snowman from Snow Much stamp set in Momento tuxedo black.


  I colored with Copics and die cut with the Snow Much Coordinating die set.  I popped the snowman up using foam tape and added foam tape behind the vellum to secure the bottom to the foil.  As for the top of the vellum, I scored it and folded it over and used tape to secure it to the back of the panel.  I added this panel to a top folding white card stock base.  I finished this card with a few clear sequins. 



Once I peeled off the foil and revealed these colorful snowflakes, I was hooked. I made several cards.  Come back tomorrow for Day 1 of the Cheer and Joy blog hop!   I will show you the rest of my snowflake foiled cards along with several other projects!  


I am playing along with The Cookie Challenge.  Instead of leaves I went with snowflakes!  Love the colors!


Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.


As always thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments

  1. These are beautiful! I love foiling and everything sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.