Friday, March 15, 2013

Brighter Days! C4C, Sketch, and MORE!




Happy Saturday!   It is time for another Crazy 4 Challenge with the Crazies!   Check out the C4C blog for more challenge details with the crazies at Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C177).  


It is the 3rd Saturday of the 
Month so it is  
Sketch Crazy Saturday!





For my card I am using Verve's newly released Surely Goodness  and Calendar Countdown stamp sets along with Brighter Days, Swan Song, Borderline, and Learning to Sail stamp sets.   I am also using  Verve's Cut Above Goodness Flowers die, Mini Bookplate die set, Scalloped Trim Trio die, and Starry die. 

I stamped the focal image floral background in harvest gold ink using one of the larger flowers in the newly released Surely Goodness stamp set and die cut it with the coordinating Goodness Flowers die.  I then stamped the sentiment over top.  For the mini bookplate die, I stamped the coordinating frame using aqua mist and the numbers 24 and 7 from the new Calendar Countdown set.  I needed a backslash to make it look like 24/7.  I used one of the legs from the Swan Song for this look.  I did the numbers and backslash in Memento Love Letter red.  I once again used some harvest gold ink to stamp the sun from Learning to Sail behind it.  


I finished my card with Verve's Spring Fling Ribbon Collection in Sunshine!   

Check out what the rest of the team did with this week's challenge!



As always thanks so much for stopping by!


Betty


Supplies 
Verve Stamps
Kraft card stock base, PTI vintage cream, Fancy Pants The Good Life
Memento  tuxedo black and love letter, ranger brushed corduroy, PTI aqua mist and harvest gold

Accessories  foam circles, Verve's Cut Above die, Verve's Spring Fling Ribbon Collection

11 comments

  1. Fabulous use of the sketch and the Verve, Betty! Love the flower on the sentiment panel and the sun behind the 24/7. Great card as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of black in your design. It really makes the colors just pop. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty, have been meaning to pop in for some time because I've been admiring all your recent cards - they are simply beautiful. Love the contrast between the black and yellow in this one - very eye-catching ;) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card,Love that yellow bow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black accents! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just LOVE this, Betty! So gorgeous and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Betty! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card that would cheer someone up for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous take on the sketch.....love the black accents and that sunshiney yellow bow....fab dp too

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! I love the bold black layers and combining all those fun stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.