Sunday, March 10, 2013

Two Roads Diverged! Shining the Light, Announcements, and MORE!




Happy Sunday!  I had a little time to spend in my crafty space today which is quite rare lately during the weekends.  My dd is home from university so we had a Twilight Marathon Weekend!  We literally watched all 5 movies back to back.  I must admit there were a few snooze moments on my part.   I think the kids have a couple of dozing pictures of me.   Anyway, after what seems like a long time sitting and watching, I was ready to get crafty.   



I made a card using ODBD Quote Collection 1 stamp set.
I kept my card some what simple. I am using the sketch from this week's Shining the Light Challenge145. 

For my card I am using some MME designer papers.  I stitched the panels and added a die cut frame and the sentiment to the center.  I finished with seam binding bow and resin flower. 




A few announcements!




 As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

Playing in a few blog challenges
Catered Crop  framed 
Party Time Tuesday die cuts
Paper Playtime  Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
No Matter Which Challenges Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks dies
 

12 comments

  1. This is a beautiful project! I love the composition. The banner with the stitched edging is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Betty! Love all the layers and beautiful bow' Cheers from New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Betty! Love all the layers and beautiful bow! Cheers from New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the seam binding, great sentiment. Thanks for visiting our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous take on the sketch Betty!! I adore all your layers, the beautiful bow, your colors, and the quote. I always loved the quote with the added trees!! Your stitching is a beautiful touch!! Thanks for supporting the ODBD challenge! Your creations are always an inspiration!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY BEAUTIFUL card!! I love the die cut you used -- perfect around the sentiment... And what a gorgeous design and bow!! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the FUN at Paper Playtime this week!! :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Paper Playtime Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and elegant! Just rich and warm! Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really admire how you made the sketch your own. I love all the detail and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is a real stunner! I love the elegance of the dies you used and the sentiment is one of my favorites. Incredible inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, Betty! Gorgeous die & bow! Absolutely gorgeous!! I always have to do a double take at your name. My mom's first name was Betty and my last is Wright. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.