Wednesday, July 23, 2014




Happy Wednesday!  I am playing along with PTI Make It Monday Challenge!  This week the challenge is No Outline Watercolor!  Watercolor?  Really?   I think water coloring is my least favorite things to do in the craft room.   Now, a challenge I am all about, so let me tell you what I did.

First of all, I am trying really hard NOT to put a flower on everything I create this summer.  It is so easy to grab those flowers, though.  I searched through my PTI sets and realized the vast majority are flowers.  No shock there.  I decided that if I were to water color anything it must be a landscape.  So, I found this well loved set Masculine Motifs and knew I just had to at least try the tree image.  I tried to make the trees look more summer than winter by adding color to create leaves.    I added some layers to try and make the whole thing look finished.   I added a sentiment from Vintage Picnic Sentiments another "old" PTI favorite.  

All in all, I know I will NOT earn any accolades for my water colored landscape, but I did at least try and participate in the challenge.  Not my favorite card, but not my least favorite, either.  LOL!  I think I do need to try water coloring more.  I did find it very calming to play with ink and water.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

18 comments:

  1. Lovely summer scene. I agree it would be hard not to use flowers on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out really nice. I love your painted sky!! I so know what you mean about using a flower stamp on everything. It is so easy to do!!
    Great job on this MIM technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I think you made a FABULOUS landscape. You card looks VERY professional
    GREAT job
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is gorgeous and kudos to you for joining in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your landscape!! I too, try not to grab flowers....it gets difficult sometimes! Especially when the challenge is done with them! Great job, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you to give watercolouring a try! Your landscape is soft and soothing ;). And I agree with you that it is more challenging to not use flowers. (Which is why I did use flowers. Lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! This technique is also not one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say 98% of my stamps are flowers too, so you're not alone! And I liked your summery landscape...it's CAS and quite calm and refreshing! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scene you created with water colors, Betty! I think you have this technique down and hope to see more lovely cards from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't be so hard on yourself, betty... I think your card is a wonderful take on the MIM technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a lovely watercolored scene! great job with the technique!
    ~tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, Betty! And kudos to you for doing a very artistic landscape. I can't seem to get away from those floral images either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out gorgeous, Betty....it looks like a Monet painting!!!!! You need to frame this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you did not use a flower....I need to challenge myself to do the same:) gorgeous landscape card! I agree... Love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza Betty! What a gorgeous card! I love your beautiful water colored scene! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search