Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Smile and a Thanks!




Deconstructed Sketch 160Happy Sunday!  Popping in with a couple of fun cards to share!  I am playing along with a couple of sketch challenges and color combo challenges today.   

For this first card I am playing along with The Deconstructed Sketch Challenge. This was a fun sketch to work with.  I combined the sketch with the colors from Just Us Girl Color Challenge this week.  Love these bold colors with this fun sketch.    I used MFT Card Stock Sampler.  I combined Blu Raspberry, Gum Drop, Sour Apple, Sweet Tooth, and Black Licorice.  I stamped the Blue Raspberry panel with BG Diagonal Stripes Background stamp in black ink.  I die cut the gum drop panel with the panels in Blueprints 15 and Blueprints 14(turned to get angle on panel).  I stamped the gum drop green panel with the large stitch dots from LJD Darling Dots stamp set using a light green ink.  I die cut the black licorice with MFT Rectangle Pierced Stax.  I inked up the sentiments from CS Smile in Ranger Watermark ink and heat embossed the top using Zing Leaf and Recollections Glacier powders.  I have found that these colored embossing powders seem to look better if heat embossed from underneath.  I added some white pigment ink to get the look of the restaurant chalkboards that use colored pens.  I finished the card with flowers from Blueprints 12 and accenting from Sequins dienamics.  



MFTWSC185For my second card, I am playing along with MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and The Color Throwdown.  I just love this sketch and these colors.
 
I used MFT Card Stock Sampler.  I combined  Sweet Tooth, Sno Cone, Steel Blue, Tangy Orange, and Kraft card stocks.  I used Blueprints 13 to die cut the stitched background panel.  I used BG Diagonal Stripes Background stamp in Rangers Marigold.  I die cut the kraft card stock with the middle Rectangle Frames dienamics.  I embossed and raised the actual frame and stamped the insert with MFT Woodgrain Background, in MFT Premium Natural ink. I inked distressed the edges on the kraft card stocks only.  I then layered my sentiment die.  I must say that I am loving this new Tag Talk dienamics.  I used sno cone card stock on the top and tangy orange on the bottom.  I added a flowers from Blueprints 14.  I stamped the sweet tooth using MFT Premium Sno Cone ink using LJD Pretty Poppies stamp set(script portion).  I finished with a few touches of gray and white gems.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

9 comments

  1. Love that big flower and wood in the BG. Thanks for joining us at Just us Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is over the top fabulous! You nailed the colors beautifully Betty! We are thrilled that you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards Betty! Love the little blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are so fabulous. I really like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to wrap my head around your awesome CAS creating! Nice use of the colors MF - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a creative design with the die cut sentiment angled in the frame! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Betty. Love the rich colors on both... the heat embossing looks great on the first one. Pretty flower and great textures on the second. Thank you for linking your card up at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful designs, Betty! Love the placement of the sentiment on your second card--it's so eye-catching. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.