Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC101 and MORE!



It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC101!  First of all, I just want to thank all of you who played along with our FTTC100 Celebration Blog Hop!  Gorgeous creations!  Those winners will be announced soon!  This week's challenge is hosted by Dee Jackson!  Dee is challenging us to go BIG!  5 X 7 big that is!   So, go big and make a 5 x7 card with us!  We would love to see what you create! 


For my card I am using Flourishes Cherry Blossoms stamp set.  I am using one of the sentiments.     I have been challenging myself to making manly cards lately.  I have several male birthdays coming up and I just thought I would get a head start.  When I saw the WMS30 sketch I just knew it would be perfect for a manly card.  I used various paper pieces and patterns to follow the SCS CC306 Color Combo Challenge. CC306: Bravo Pizzazz Breezes!  Love these colors! 

I have included this card in a few blog challenges.
Tip Top Tuesday:  All Sentimental!  Sew Many Challenges: Birthday Celebration!
Craft Your Days AwayAnything Goes  Crafty Pad -  SomethingNEW!  New brads...had but not used 
OSAAT- New!  Stamp with the dragon:  For my STUD!The Crazy Challenge:   Buttons(I inserted my decorative brad into the center and created a vintage looking button)! Pile it On:  Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes: Anything but square!Simons Says Stamp and Show:  Polka Dots
Creative Inspiration:  Birthday! Secret Crafter: with LOVE!

TIP:  I am giving new life to my decorative brads by either inserting the prongs into the button holes or cutting the prongs off and adhering with a glue dot to a button.  Makes the button look more expensive and gives a more vintage feel!






I am also including the card that I made for last week's SCS Color Challenge, but have not had a chance to blog yet.  For this card I used Flourishes Warm Winter Wishes set.  I just heart this little snowman(woman)!  I dressed her all up in pinks!   From my post last week at SCS you could not see the sentiment as my big bow covered it up. And, the wonderful touches of sparkle on the snowlady was not visible from the initial picture.




The  right photo shows you where the sentiment lurks under the pink bow.  I added a clear gem to the center of the "O" for a touch of sparkle.  The little snow lady shows a few touches of glitter added with a glue pen.  Love the glue pens.  Let's you put touches of glitter exactly where you want it.


As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Check out the other Flourishea blog team members and see what they created with the Go Big Challenge!

Cindy   Dee   Silke   Maki, and Tammy!





Betty

42 comments

  1. Better you than me using that sketch for the first card! Well done. Love the pink snowwoman card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous creations! Love your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning cards, I love all of the papers and the textures, and the snowman is so cute all in pink,
    thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 117: With Love,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Betty!! I love the mix of papers and that gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 gorgeous creations, great idea with the brads too.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Such gorgeous creations Betty!! I so love the papers you've used!! HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, both cards are so beautiful!! I love you used the different DPs for the 5x7 card.
    Your snowman card is absolutely darling! Pretty colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card thanks for joining us at the crafty pad x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a fabulous creation thank you for sharing it with us at Stampin with the Dragon
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful "With Love" card

    Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, I love your work - it is simply elegant!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 gorgeous cards Betty - the tip with the brad & button is fab (have you added that tip to the TTT comments section for an entry into that prize draw?).
    Your first card is so elegant - I love the stitching and the Snow Lady card is so sweet with that big bow :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'All Sentimental' challenge :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love color block layouts, and your mix of papers is great! Your snowlady is very pretty in pink, too. I'm especially fond of that purty polka dot ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favourite card this week so far!
    Beautifully designed and made. You've managed to make it vintage and clean at the same time and your sentiment is lovely!
    Super work!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely cards Betty! thanks for joining us with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards Betty, super supersized card...lol Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards, Betty!! hugs,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cards, I make most of my cards 5x7 or square ones. It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards, I really love the layout you have chosen for this card, love the patchwork of different papers and sentiment stamps too! and love the shape sentiment too with the re vamped brad/button and ribbon, thanks for joining us on Top tip Tuesday this time, Hugs Samantha :0)

    PS don't forget to add you tip to the comments thread :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very flamboyant and interesting card. Thank you for participating in this week's challenge at The Crazy Challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what stunning cards! Your snowman card is just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards Betty...the mixture of papers on the first one is fab and love the pink snow lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice dots!! I like the corrugated paper too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards-both of them!! Like those colors in the first with all the different kinds of dp. Fabulous tip on the decorative brads, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. They're both really super cards. I do like the pink snowman card. The WMSC30 card is full of texture - love that bow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the cc306 card-didnt realize from the scs gallery that it's a 5x7-what a flashy way to show off dsp-great tip on the brads

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards! I love the texture and stitching on the first card. The colors are so yummy too. Your snowman card is adorable. Again, I love the colors you used and that bow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.

    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards Betty! Love the snowman and the layered fancy tag on the first card! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely Lovely, great job with the panels on the rodent sketch too, yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful creations - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
    Hugs,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC & Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful take on the sketch. gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great layout and simply GORGEOUS card!! Thanks for playing along with PIO this week! We hope you will be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a wonderful piece of vintage work, Betty! Love the text/ads paper and the way you did your sentiment with the label and tag dies! Great work on the polka dot challenge. So happy to see you joining in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Betty, that pink and red snowman card is sooooo cute! I have that set now, thanks to a Flourishes win in November. I've not used it enough! Your sweet snowman reminds me to bring it out and INK it up! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Betty these cards are gorgeous! I love the timely elegance of your first card and the wonderful pink snowman! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love both of your cards. Thanks for sharing.

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.