Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year! SSC and MORE!



Happy New Year!  It is time for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!  This week we have a gorgeous inspiration picture.  I decided to go all kraft and ivory.  I stamped my beautiful corner image using ODBD Butterfly Corner, Butterfly single, and Butterfly die cut.  The scripture is from ODBD Faith set. I stamped the corner image using vintage cream ink directly to the kraft cardstock and let it dry.  I then stamped vintage cream ink to vellum and let it dry.  The ink portion of the butterfly is underneath.  I think this butterfly is just exquisite.   I added a few gold pearls and considered my card complete.  A very CAS styled card for me, but I really do love it just the way it is.  

I entered my card in a few challenges!
CES Challenge:  Anything Goes!
MAWTT:  Birthday and Circles! 
Sew Many Challenges:  New Things (new stamps)!
Paper Sundaes:  Something New!
Incy Wincy:  Distressing
365 Cards:  Keep it Simple!
Crazy 4 Challenges:  Celebrate Something!
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes


As always thanks so much for stopping by! 



23 comments

  1. Oh Betty, this is just stunning! The vellum butterfly is so pretty! I just LOVE the new ODBD release.

    Did you get my second email? I can resend if needed, just let me know when you get a chance. Thanks! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Betty. Love the effects of those butterflies. I love this new set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean and simple look of this elegant card. The vellum butterfly is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it just the way it is too Betty - so beautiful. What a gorgeous start to the new year's creations.
    I wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011 and hope it is all you would wish for yourself.
    Take care. Luv {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS Betty!! i love that translucent butterfly!! Very elegant!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! LOVE the vellum butterfly and your colour combo. Stunning card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Betty! Stunning! So elegant. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, great use of theme this week over at MAWTT, thanks for joining us, Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty, what a beautiful card, very elegant, I love the simplicity of it. Thank you very much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Happy New Year. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty truly stunning, LOVE THIS!!! Happy New Year hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card and great details , thanks for playing at CES challenges.
    Hugs Kaylou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous interpretation of the inspiration picture! LOVE that vellum butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty your work is GORGEOUS!! Happy New Year my Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING card Betty! Love the white and kraft color combo! You really rocked this challenge! That butterfly looks incredible! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous card, love the butterfly. Thanks you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous. The butterfly is gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges. Good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and elegant card!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful elegance, Betty! Goodness, what a fabulous tech of coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betty, this is gorgeous. I love your vellum butterfly.
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous tone in this, and the white elements are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous Betty! I just love craft and white and the butterfly in white vellum is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.