Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Blog Candy Winner, Color Throwdown, and MORE!


 Happy Sunday!  It is tme for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!  This week's challenge is "Whateva!"  I love these kind of challenges because the sky is the limit.  Cill is also doing a Design Team call!  Check out the link to find out how to play and to enter for the DT call!  We have a wonderful sponsor this week.  Skipping Stones Design is the sponsor.  I am using Skipping Stones Design Dandelion Dreams.  This set has so many wonderful solid image designs and fabulous sentiments.  I chose just one of the images in this set.  I rocked and rolled with some Memento pear tart and bahama inks.  I  stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment to make two separate words for my sentiment tags.  I added a few MS butterflies and my card was done.  Check out the link and play along with us today!

I am using the colors from The Color Throwdown #126.  I have to admit that oftentimes four colors throw me a bit...hence the throwdown part I guess.  However, the greens really did me in. Making sure I used both.  I am using some Webster's dp which looks a lot like old olive.  I am also using Memento pear tart ink on my image which looks like kiwi kiss.  So, I hope I at least achieved those colors.  I hope the other two are quite obvious.  

I used somebodies sketch, but I cannot remember whose? 
Sketch and Stash:  Sketch!
OSCC:  Anything Goes!
SSDSC: Get Punchy!
Totally Gorjuss:  As YOU Like It!
Just Add Ink:  Inspiration Challenge
Crafty Cardmakers:  Flowers
Crafty Catz:  Flowers
Inky Impressions:  Emboss It!
MTTCC:  Emboss!



I just had to share!  I am totally smittened with seam binding.  I used cream on my card today.   This cream color is just as it comes off of the spool....bottom right of photo.  I spent a little bit of time today dyeing this wonderful stuff with various reinkers.  I only did a few yards at a time.  I just screamed with delight when they were dried.  I am IN LOVE with this stuff.  WOW!  Thought I'd share!


The Winner Is......
As promise the winner from my Flourishes FTTC Blog Candy!  Chosen by random.org is Glennis #36  Glennis please email me at gbedwright@gmail.com to claim your sel and send me your addy.    Thanks so much for everyone who commented! 

As always, thanks so much for stopping by! 

 


20 comments

  1. Simply gorgeous, Betty! I love that seem binding, too! It's fun to dye, isn't it!? Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me all excited about your seam binding I am going to have to buy me some. :)
    Beautiful card this morning Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how very pretty your card is Betty!! What a delightful bunch of seam binding! :) Very very pretty and so yummy!! can't wait to see you using it all!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS use of these colors...oh my I NEED that ribbon BEAUTIFUL Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really gorgeous card and such beautiful colours:)

    thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Betty! You are making a case for that seam binding....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super gorgeous card Betty! I am loving the seam binding and picked up some to try coloring as well! Will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card and those butterflies make it so feminine and delicate too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch n Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous take on the sketch 8oD Thanx for joining us at Sketch N Stash ;o) hugz Angie (DT member) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl...I know I already commented, but forgot to mention thank you for joining along with us at the Inky Impressions challenge this week!! We love having you play along and hope you come back again!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Betty, this is a beauty. I love the colors and all that wonderful texture. I'm in love the the shabby seam binding too! I really love being able to custom dye it to match whatever project I am working on. I just light up with a grin every time I dye and scrunch and dry it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for selecting my name as the winner of the lovely stamp set. I have sent you an email with my address.
    Your card today is lovely - I really like your style - and the colours work so well together.
    I will have to try the seam binding idea, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous card. I just love everything about it. And now I'm going to have to go and get some of that seam binding!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lovely stamp and a beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the blues and greens on this pretty card. And you have sold me on seam binding! What a pretty pile of ribbons you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Love that blue. And I love seam binding too! Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betty this is beautiful! a gorgeous layout and lovely softness, thanks forjoining us at inky impressions
    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. And I'm so glad you did share. My friend and I have tried every shop in Perth and cant find this anywhere. You've done a fantastic job of colouring them. Anyone know if its called something different in Oz??? Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! I love it. So very pretty.Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.