Thursday, January 20, 2011

TWO-FER Thursday with MOJO, VLV, and MORE!






Okay, I am home from work today.  Actually, I have been home almost all week with a sick kid.  My son tested positive for the FLU!   Yucky stuff the flu.  Being home gave me a little extra time to play in my craftroom.  I should have cleaned more, but I just could not help myself.  LOL!  The top card is for this week's MOJO 174 Sketch Challenge as well as the CR84FN11 Challenge!      For my card I am using some Verve stamps.  I also found in my designer paper stash while cleaning/straightening up some My Mind's Eye designer paper which I combined with some SU.  I used one of the script sentiments from Verve O Christmas Tree set to added touches script to the background.    

Stamps:  Verve Accent Notes, Abundant Blessings, O Christmas Tree sets
Paper:  Ivory, MME, and SU designer papers
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa and rhubarb stalk, PTI camomille
Accessories:  Seam Binding, buttons, metallic dew drops, sponges, sewing machine, gold pearls






Next up is a card I made for Verve's VLVJA2011 Week 3 Sketch Challenge.  I combined it with the colors from this week's Curtain Call Act 65!  I found this amazing double-sided Scenic Route dp in my stash and while there is not much of the pacific point color in there, it is there.  I usually do not do bright colors very often in combo, but I thought I would give these a try.  While brights are not within my comfort zone, I really do like how it turned out.  I again chose to use some of my Verve stamps for this card!  I used Framed Wishes.  I embossed the frame in gold.  I used the quote from Blue Skies!  That Mark Twain was a smart guy, huh?   I used a glue pen to add some sparkle to SMILE!  I stamped one of the flourishes that come in the Blue Skies set using Memento sprout ink.  I added a few touches of gems and realized that the sketch called for both strips to go over the rectangle center. Oh, dear!  Not paying attention!  I improvised and decided that my flourished image was a horizontal point going across on the top.  Ta da!  I really must keep a picture of the sketch in front of me at all times so I can keep up! 

Stamps:  Verve Framed Wishes and Blue Skies
Paper:  Ivory, Scenic Route dp
Ink:  Memento rhubarb stalk and sprout, PTI camomille, versamark
Accessories:  MS border punch, red seam binding, PTI button, sponges, sewing machine, gold ep, gold pearls

I entered a few more blog challenges with these cards!
Craft Your Days Away - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Crafty Card Makers - red & a die cut (red both cards, nesties, butterfly punch)
Glenda's Random Amusing challenge - use red(both cards) 
Mygrafico - anything goes
Penny's Challenge - anything goes
Pile It On - anything goes
Stamp Something - anything goes
That's Krafty Thursday - kraft paper





32 comments

  1. Two beauties, Betty, and way to flash some Verve!! Just LOVE your mojo card. The gold pearls are a fabulous touch and the butterfly is gorgeous with the beads and trail.

    Well done on the Verve sketch. Love how you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the Mojo card! So elegant and the color combo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are just beautiful! Glad you got some stamping in today, I hope your son feels better soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of fabulous cards, the butterfly looks amazing. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess being home with a child with the flu isn't so bad when you can have time to make such BEAUTIFUL cards! LOVE the papers and the bow on your first card! Also love the butterfly and bling! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are fabulous Betty! Love your take on this week's colors! That butterfly is beautiful and the bow on the second looks awesome! Thank you for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that damask!! I love the twine detail and the colour of your seambinding is lovely! Thanks for joining CR84FN this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful, as always, Betty! Glad to see there's someone else out there like me who'd much rather stamp than clean! LOL! I hope your son gets to feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Betty, both of these cards are FABULOUS!!! WOW!!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!! We hope you'll join us again next week! So sorry your son has the flu :( Hope he feels better soon and that you can steer clear of the nasty little bug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both absolutely stunning! I love of them! All of your little details are amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with my red challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Betty!! I love them both!! Love the sweet blinged flowers on the first, and I adore the way you laid out the images on the main panel in the second!! Two beauties!!! Thanks for playing in the VLV week three sketch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Betty, simular situation down here, my daughter has the flue as well, she is home since monday with high fever and she is really sick. I've been working on the SSC challenges a bit this week, you've done a great job with both cards! Enjoy your weekend, Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super job with the sketches B... and I ALWAYS love your bows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your son is feeling better Betty!

    Thanks for sharing such beauties with us and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are fab. I love your interpretation of the CR84FN colours - sweet little butterfly. Thanks for playing along this week - hope you play again next week.

    I do hope your son is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both wonderful, Betty! The bows really are amazing! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN and Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both cards - the talent is there!! I just became a follower and hope you'll follow me too.

    Mama LoveBug
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa!!! Betty these are just AWESOME!! You ROCK chickee!! I just love how you did that scalloped circle frame too! OH and that BOW! WOWZER!! Great cards! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving the RED and the seam binding. Sorry about your son and the flu......hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful, REALLY beautiful cards! I especially love the second one. The way you combined the colors is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards, wonderful take on this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful Betty!! I love both cards!! Your first is a perfect take on the sketch. The butterfly is the perfect addition. The second just grabs your eye with the bright and fun colors and that bow!! Awesome work!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are both SO beautiful, Betty! I especially love your stitching and those gorgeous bows! Great job with all of the challenges. Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both are beautiful Betty. I love the sweet butterfly. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN! :)
    Hope your son is feelig better now. I hate being sick. Luckily I haven't been for years now.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous cards! Love all the details, the bling and bows...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful cards! love all the details! thanks for joining us at MyGrafico!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two beautiful cards.Just love the colours and details on both.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your bow is beautiful....do you have a tutorial on how to make one? I am ribbon chanllenged;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. just beautiful, love them both. Thanks for playing with MyGrafico this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another fabulous card!

    Joan
    MN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.