Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stamping In Time(SNTODBD25), Mojo, Curtain Call, and MORE!

 



It is time for Our Daily Bread Designs Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge (SNTODBD25)!     Our Daily Bread Design stamps!   Chrissy Dickinson is our challenge host this rotation.  Chrissy is challenging us to "Ring in the New!"   The theme can be interpreted in many ways, such as.....new stuff, new year, new baby, new home!  Or, the focus is can be on ring and think circular items.  Ring can also be about music.  All forms of celebration ideas like Birthday, Anniversay, etc. are there.  Lots of possibilities

For my top card I am using ODBD set that was released last month called Blessings!  I am also giving you a tiny peak at an image and die cut that will be released in January.  I am using the colors from The Curtain Call Challenge 62! These were some gorgeous colors to work with. I broke out my stash of SU papers for this card. I played off of the image a bit, too, by using my silver doily and silver accessories. 

Please check out the other ODBD Designers to see what they created with the  scripture as focus challenge!    FRAN, SABRINA, CHRISSYANGIE, and PATTER!



  I decided to make another card using some of my leftover Christmas designer paper that I feel could still be used in a nonChristmas card way.  I mean the font is so small I just love the way it looks.  This card is for the MOJO Monday 171 sketch!   I am also using Mona Pendleton's  Color Challenge CR84FN8!   I am using ODBD Lift Up Our Hands stamp set.  I made it the focus of the card.  I also used the lacey spellbinders frame to create a swing frame with the hidden sentiment underneath. The sentiment underneath is another one from the Blessings stamp set!  Gorgeous fonts and fabulous inspiration! 

I entered my card into a few more blog challenges as well!                         Stamps Insanity:  Sparkle (both cards...butterfly glitter and second card I outlined areas with sakura gel sparkle pen)  Fresh Brewed Challenge: Celebrate!   AiFactory:  Elegance!  City Crafters:  Stamp It Out  Aud Sentiments:  Anything Goes!    For Fun:  New Year's(celebration)! Stampin B's:  Celebration!  Sew Many Challenges:  Anything Goes!  I used some hot pink thread today!  I am so loving playing around with thread colors and sewing! 


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!


34 comments

  1. Betty, just love your layering and the colors here. Gorgeous!!!! Have a blessed Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties, Betty! Fabulous details. Love all the layering and use of the papers. Beautifully done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card---love this sentiment too! How true! Have a happy New Year's!
    Blessings,
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty - GORGEOUS work! Love the details in here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I failed to say THANK YOU for allowing me to "host" and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Betty, these cards are too gorgeous girl!! I LOVE your elegant touches with the details to the ribbons, charms, buttons and edges!! Beautiful job as always and best wishes for the coming New Year!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZER, Betty, girl, you are a machine!! Love those awesome colors in your first card and the second one, OMGosh, love the way you can turn that first layer and revealed is that awesome sentiment......AMAZING!! Thanks for another fabulous challenge and allowing me to be part of it!! I pray that you and your family will have a BLESSED New Year!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card. I love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL! I love the image and hidden sentiment. The stitching is a wonderful touch. Great texture and rich colors.

    Thanks for celebrating with us at freshly Brewed Challenges. Hope you have a very happy and blessed New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, I love the card with the butterfly and the loopy cord! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations, Betty! Hot pink sounds wonderful in this dreary weather. Your ribbon on one card and cording on the other is just so pretty. So glad you joined the Stampin B's 'celebration' challenge this week. Hope you have a Happy and 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your celebration card is gorgeous - nice to see you over at the Stampin B's - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the card you made for Mona's Challenge! The prayerful hands are WONDERFUL as the focal point and I LOVE how you used the script even though it's Christmas because it is small! LOL! I have a Christmas text stamp I am going to use all year long because I love the font and no one can read that it's Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous cards! definately fit in with our elegant theme this week! thanks for sharing them at AIF and I hope you'll play again
    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, both of your cards are sooooo gorgeous! Always the perfect amount of layers and embellies! I love the cool technique on the 2nd card.....I'll have to remember that one! :)
    God Bless and Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow both cards are fantastic. You are very crafty there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh these are quite beautiful the sentiment, image and designs are wonderful thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are beauties with all the usual great ribbons/bows! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Betty! Love all the layers and pretty details! That hot pink ribbon really pops! Thanks for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards.Beautiful colours and details on both.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are gorgeous! Very elegant and I love the sentiments on both! The first one is certainly wonderfully put! Thank you for playing at AiF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, lovely creations here, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful beautiful card ... love the colours and the layers ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! Absolutely beautiful cards! Love your gorgeous stamping and the bows and butterlfy!

    Tracey xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards, Betty! Your attention to detail is just amazing. Thanks for joining us again at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cool - love them both

    Thanks for joining in at Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always get sooo inspired when I come to visit, Betty...you do such gorgeous work!!!! Both cards are fabulous...such beautiful stamps, colors, papers,layouts, ...everylittle detail is absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OHhhh.... I really like this -great work! Thanks for joining us at FBD!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely cards, really inspiring and thank you for joining Fresh Brewed designs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  30. 2 beautiful cards betty-congrats your blessings go up card was picked for the lead at the curtain call challenge-it's easy to see why with this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!! These are beautiful cards.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So incredibly GORGEOUS! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect colour and paper combos on these, and you nest elements so well Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous!! I keep trying to make one of those scrunchy bows, but somehow mine just doesn't look that great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.