Monday, December 20, 2010

Wishing You a Blessed Christmas, The Shabby Tea Room, and MORE!



 
 
 
Finally, I get to tell you that today is the day that I am guest designing for The Shabby Tea Room!  Debbie sent me one of the prettiest inspiration pictures for today's challenge.             The  theme is Scandinavian Christmas!
By now everyone in blogland must know that I love me some Webster Pages!  I have really used this Webster Pages Petite Papers Combo Pack - Waiting for Santa & Sweet Season paper pack.  I really like that the patterns are so beautiful to layer or to use as a stand alone as you can see with additional cards I posted below.  For my top card I was in the mood to do some layering.  I just got this Spellbinder's Nested Hearts die cuts and just had to use them as they work so wonderfully for the inspiration picture.  I combined patterns to compliment the images on the hearts in the photo as well as added the houndstooth print.  I added some contrasting stitching around the frame of the card.   I added some stenciling to the embossed areas of the die cut heart.   I layered the heart with a layered lacey square die cut.  I finished with a wrapped gold cording bow and a tonal seam binding bow.  The sentiment is from ODBD  Blessed Christmas stamp set. 


***************************************************

A couple of weeks ago I did a post here showcasing how I mass produce cards with the same basic elements and sketch, but each still having a different look.  I needed a few more Christmas cards so I completed three more. 



This card is using the same pack of the Webster's Pages dp as the top card.  However, the paper is doing most of the work for me. I love the paper just as it is and added a die cut  sentiment from ODBD Luke 2:11 stamp set.  I finished with a fou fou bow and some gold curly que cording.  



The card to the right again uses the same designer paper.  However, with this one I am using ODBD custom die frame set Brocade Borders which coordinates with the Brocade Borders frame stamps.  The sentiment is from ODBD Christmas Verses stamp set.  I also added  the smaller snowflake from Peace & Joy to the center. I stamped the snowflake in a sweet blush shade so it is subtle and works with the little snowflakes in the designer paper. I used the die cut sentiment as a tag and added the bow and silver pearls and this card was complete.





The card to the left again uses the same designer paper.  It also uses the same ODBD custom die frame set Brocade Borders and Brocade Borders frame stamp set.  I just used the other frame for this card.  I used the die cut sentiment as a tag again.  I used the sentiment from Blessed Christmas.  I added the bow, gold cording, and gold pearls and this card was complete.




These cards are for a few other blog challenges!
Paper Sundaes:  Cut It Out (sentiment banner top card cut by hand)
Gingerloft - Distressing
Hana & Friends - Just a little Christmas
Opus Gluei - Anything Goes
OSAAT:  Anything Goes
Pear Tree Designs - Anything Goes
Alsorts:  Anything Goes
Penny's Challenge - Christmas
Stamp Insanity - Christmas your way
Paper Cupcakes-  Traditional Red and Green Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday - Christmas inspired

32 comments

  1. Hi Betty ~ All of these cards are creations from the heart...Every time I visit, I smile when I see what you have designed...Thank you for sharing and giving me such inspiration this year.

    Wishing you and yours the Happiest of Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty, I thought I would log on and say hello to a few friends. Sorry I still have got time to pop over regularly, with Mum in hospital, but I see you have been busy making and creating lovely things. I love the cards you have been making recently, such variety and all of real quality.
    If I don't get to visit again this week, have the most wonderful Christmas, and enjoy the festive season with family and friends.
    Take care, keep warm and well. Luv {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Betty

    I am thrilled you have joined in my "Free and Easy" theme at Allsorts this fortnight and confess to being astounded by the huge response this weekend.

    I usually like to visit every entry and say a few words about their creations, but the sheer volume so far along with the Christmas preparations we all have to juggle means this is a "copied and pasted" message, for which I apologise.

    Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and wonderful holiday period.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Betty! These are all so gorgeous! So glad you could join us in The Tea Room as our guest this week! Such beautiful elegant cards - thanks for sharing them with us at Paper Sundaes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful eye candy, Betty :) Love the ornament on the top one and the label. Love the tree with the ornaments on it. Have a blessed Christmas!! The kids Christmas concert was so much fun and yes, I cried when my son's group did their performance as did many others :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty~ These cards are so warm and elegant! You've been quite busy!

    Thanks for playing in our Paper Sundaes challenge this week!

    ♥ Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous collection of cards - all so lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow betty these are such gorgeous cards-love the websters paper-they really have some beautiful designs-and all the extra you add makes for a beauty for sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! These are incredible!! Beautiful papers - and such fantastic projects to showcase them! Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the guest designer gig...that card is gorgeous! With a different sentiment, it could be a stunning Valentine card as well! Your Christmas cards are lovely as well...love those luscious bows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Shabby Tea room guest DT Betty! the heart on your card is stunning! Love all of your Christmas cards here - the Webster Pages are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Betty! Love that beautiful red heart! Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are gorgeous Betty!! Thanks for playing along again at Penny's. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah these are super, Love them, Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week Hope you have a great Christmas Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are all wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at StampInsanity!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your cards are absolutely amazing! So many lovely details - great!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Hanna & Friends.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful cards - so elegant and classy! Love seeing them, now I want to carve out some time and play in my studio!

    Merry Christmas to you and now you have to come back to Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betty, your cards are just stunning! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and elegant and love the colours:)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    Merry Christmas
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, Beautiful creations Betty! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Betty,
    thank you for visiting my blog and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your loved ones!
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Betty, these cards are all so beautiful!! I just received the last one pictured here, and it is gorgeous IRL!! Thank you so much for sending it to me, my Paper Doll GF!! Have a wonderful Christmas!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning cards! I love your bows they are just so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What stunning cards Betty, you must own a ton of ribbon :). Your bow's are as stunning as your cards.
    Merry Christmas
    May we all who are called by His Name shine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What gorgeous cards and project Betty!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the joy and peace of Christmas remain with you through out the new year.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Betty, I just had a chance to visit TSTR and saw that you are guest designer this week - a huge congrats and so well-deserved. All these cards are lovely, but the one for the Tea Room is ultra gorgeous with all it's beautiful colors and layering. I really love how you coiled the gold cord - that's a fantastic finishing touch.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Blessings to you on the rest of the Christmas season.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the heart and all the added details. Thanks for playing at Gingerloft

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lots of lovely in these... all thiw your classic style, love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Betty just letting you know you won top 3 over at gingerloft and a spot on the GDT for the next challenge. Go to our challenge blog for details CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.