Friday, July 24, 2015

Reason to Smile!


 Happy Friday!  I had some time to get crafty today!  I am playing along with this week's MFT Sketch Challenge, MFT Color Challenge, Simon Says Monday "I" Challenge, I chose ink blending. and Simon Wednesday Challenge to sparkle and shine.  



I started with MFT smooth white cardstock base.  I die cut another smooth white panel using Blueprints 20.  For the focal image I die cut smooth white and steel gray with rectangle pierce stax.  I white embossed a sentiment from True Friends and Smile stamp sets. 



I ink blended using MFT ripe raspberry, jellybean green, and limelight inks.  I added the word "smile" die cut from Blueprints 15 using mirror gold card stock.  I die cut the scribbles using the same mirror gold card stock for my corner accenting.  I felt like the card needed a few more gold touches, but sequins were too busy looking.  I chose to die cut a pierced snowflake die namics using the same mirror gold card stock and used the tiny gold chads as my tiny accenting.  I love how it turned out. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

11 comments

  1. I love the mix of rich colors on the sentiment panel with the white space and the simple gold scribbles - a fabulous mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and the white embossing makes it all pop along with the fab gold elements :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Betty!!!! Love your inking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I love the white embossing on the inked background, it looks stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold on here is just so pretty! Love the way "smile" pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Betty, great colours and blending

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the panel background!! So pretty! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sentiment !! & the way you mixed those colors together is so pretty! Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful. Love how you used the colors and added the gold. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this is so pretty! Your ink shading is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.