Sunday, February 11, 2018

PTI Celebrating 11 Years: 2 cards 1 post!



Happy Sunday!  I spent some time in my craft room today creating a couple of cards for Papertrey Inks Celebrating 11 Years Challenges! 




This card is for Day 4:  Floral Challenge!
I decided to use  Warm Regards stamp set.  I started with some watercolor paper.  I stamped and white embossed the outline images of the dogwood flowers.


Next, I stamped the stem and leaves using PTI cocoa bean and olive twist inks. Using a water brush I lightly shaded the inside of the petals with soft stone ink.  For the floral center I just lightly tapped the stamp holding it in my hand using some spring moss ink. For shading I added just a very light touch of the cocoa ink using a water brush.


I used the water brush to lightly brush around the edges of the leaves and the branches to create a watercolor effect with the stamps.  I grounded the image with some Ranger Tumbled Glass distress ink for the background.  



I added some tiny black splashes all over the panel.  I added a sentiment using PTI Scripted stamp set in Versafine Onyx black ink.  I also used  Wine Bottle Tag #2 die (the smallest flag strip) to stamp and white emboss the rest of the sentiment. I added a panel of true black card stock to the  watercolor panel to help stabilize it as water can cause some warping.  I also love the tiny border of true black.  I used olive twist cardstock for the card base.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

  


The next card is for Day 5:  To create a card using stamps from the Retirement List.  For this one I chose to use Cutting Garden stamp set and Cutting Garden die collection.  I die cut the flowers and the leaves using watercolor paper.  I inked the flowers with scarlet jewel ink and misted them with water, then stamped them again in pure poppy with no water.  I love the rich blend of reds this gives.  The leaves were pretty much done the same way.  I used some prairie grass and kraft inks here.
  

For the background I chose to distress watercolor stencil.  I used one of the Stencil Basics: Diamond Stencils using kraft ink. I flicked on some black splatters.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set.  I added some loose threading and a few clear sequins to finish my card.

I am playing along with The Paper Players and TGIF Challenges with my second card.  




As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty



13 comments

  1. Both cards are lovely. After seeing your dogwood card, I have to get that set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how many items are on that darn retiring list, eh? I love both of your creations, especially the dogwoods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very pretty. I do like the way you've stamped the red flowers in both a diluted and pure ink - very rich and visually interesting. It's a great layout and the splattery/stencilled background is a great way to show off the bright blooms. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your both cards are outstanding. Really pretty with nice colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so so beautiful, Betty. I’ve been enjoying the challenges too! Ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Love the brilliant red flowers and lovely watercoloring! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with both of these cards Betty! What a joy it is to have you join in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, I love your cards! The roses are stunning! Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations, Betty! Your red floral is stunning...love the background and how you layered those images! So pretty. Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are gorgeous Betty, but I am particularly in love with the red blooms. Your stamping is just stunning! So glad you shared with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're both so artistic & beautifully crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a tooic that iis close to my heart... Best wishes!
    Exactly where aree your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.