Monday, February 19, 2018

Delight in the Little Things!





Happy Monday!  I have two cards to share today.  For the first card I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge:  Framing Sentiments and Images.   Fusion Card Challenge:  Spring Wreath.  I hope it is obvious I used the inspiration photo on the right.  






I started with some Papertrey Ink True black card stock for the base as well as the background layers.  The top black frame panel was die cut with the Mix and Mat: Scallop die.  I chose not to do the inner portion and used a score pal and created the vertical embossing on the inside. 


Next, I die cut and stamped the Twig Wreath die and the Twig Wreath stamp set wreath portion for some layered framing.  I used cocoa bean card stock and stamped the wreath using chocolate chip ink.  For the floral images I die cut Bloomin' Cute dies with stampers select white card stock and stamped with the floral images from the Bloomin' Cute stamp set.  



For the sentiment, I used one from the Twig Wreath stamp set.  I used the stitched sentiment strip from Tag Sale: Quilted die.  I used some copic opaque white to create some splatters on my card for added interest.  I finished with a few clear sequins.


For my second card, I am playing along with Inspired by All the Little Things and Case This Sketch. 





I started with a soft stone card base and some soft stone bitty big pattern paper with horizontal stripes to mimic the distress wood in the background.  Next, I stamped a background vertical panel for the background using a retired Anniversary set from a couple of years ago.  I saw this set used many times in recent weeks and thought I would revisit it, too.  I used flowers and soft color tones found in the inspiration piece.


Once my background was stamped, I die cut it using the Wine Bottle Tag #2 die. I love all of the components of this die and have never used it for wine yet. Once I had this panel, I used the PTI Limitless Layered Circles dies to create the other element on the card.  I used some sweet blush bitty big to frame the inner circle.  I added a layered gold "Hello" die from Bloomin' Cute die sentiment die collection. 


 I felt that the card still needed a little something.  I decided to add the Circle Scribbles die in vellum to tuck under the sides to create some added texture and detailing.  I finished my card with some clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!


Betty


17 comments

  1. Your card for the Fusion Card Challenge is stunning and a perfect interpretation of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Betty it is always a joy to see your creations <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, your cards are always amazing! I love the attention to details in both of your cards, but I'm inspired by your overall stamping on the second card. I never thought to do that, and then use a die to cut a focal point. I cannot wait to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards Betty! I am totally drawn to your 1st card and how all the colors pop so beautifully against the black! Love the white splatters and how you used the Twig Wreath die cut to frame your sentiment...lovely, lovely card!! Your 2nd card is just as pretty and I love all the beautiful colors you used too! Both these cards just make me smile!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Betty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty your cards are beautiful! I would have never thought to use the twig wreath as a frame, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are just gorgeous, Betty!! I love the black backdrop and twig wreath with he eye popping colors on the first!! Your second one is precious with your hand stamped background of colors...really love that soft stone backdrop also!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to your creative projects each PTI challenge and this one is a favorite! The perky pink on the black frame is stunning and those Painted Petal florals are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Betty I love your cards today! That first one is perfect for fusion and so pretty with the black. Love the stripes and blooms on your second card, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, both cards are just fabulous! You know I love everything you make :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on the insp. picture - love the black bg, makes the flowers just pop! Lovely second card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Your wreath card looks amazing and is such a great take on the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning card. Love how the wreath pops up against that pitch black

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.