Saturday, October 20, 2018

Wishing You Joy This Season!




Happy Saturday!  Popping in with two cards to share today!

I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.  For my first card, I needed a wedding card.  I am playing along with The Card Concept's 100th Challenge.  



I focused on the golds and the scalloped edges of the pumpkins.  I also played off of the textures in the inspiration photo.  I used a piece of pin dot organdy ribbon to decorate the top of the bells in the place of the ornate crystals one one of the pumpkins.



A technique I used/created with this card to create some amazing texture on the bells is "glue sponging."  I used some of PTI Luxe Gold card stock.  This card stock has a coating on it.  I found out quite by accident a few months ago that if glue touched it, the coating would come off and reveal a shiny underneath.  I decided to embrace this "crafting accident" and see what would happen if I sponged intentionally. I tried versamark, but it would never dry completely.  I found the best thing to use was my Tombow Aqua Glue.  It is clear, dries clear, and looks amazing.  I have used a cloth, tissue paper, and a sponge to create different looks from different textures. 


Products Used to create the Mr. and Mrs. Wedding card.


For my second card, I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's Play Along With Us Challenge.

I chose to "recreate" with products I have Laurie's card HERE.






This card was fun to make.  Here is a list of products used for my JOY card.

As always thank so much for stopping by!






4 comments

  1. Your wedding card is gorgeous! Love how you colored the bells and the gold outline! Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Concept!
    And I love you fun Christmas card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool technique you found, Betty--gorgeous wedding card! Love your take on Laurie's Christmas card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that technique you created for the first card - gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.