Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Thank You Cards!



Happy Tuesday!  I have a set of eight cards that I massed produced to share with you today.  These cards combine coloring, embossing, and texture.  The process is done in stages to get as many completed in a timely manner as possible.  

 
Here are all eight cards that will be sent to medical personnel.  For mass production purposes, I completed the cards in stages.   These are not simple cards, either.  I realize if you want to make more than this it will take time.  I started with a focal stamp set and followed a process.  I used Select White card stock for all of my cards.


First, I stamped and die cut all of the focal image frames using Simon Says Stamps Leafy Frames stamp and die set.  I used Memento Tuxedo black ink to stamp.  I stamped a circle frame and rectangle frame from the set.  This allowed me to get two images die cut with one pass through my Gemini Jr.  I colored the images with Copic Markers  one circle and one rectangle at a time.  Now, you can keep them all the same color.  However, when mass producing, this can get tedious and boring.  I change it up to keep it fresh for me.  The recipient will not know.  They only get one card. 


Once the focal images were completed, I set out to construct the card background.  I decided I wanted texture since the focal image added color.  For the texture on the rectangle frames, I chose to combine a diagonal stitched frame die with Lawn Fawn Just Stitching Double rectangles dies layered together.  I did run the dies through my Gemini at different passes so I could center.  


The color border on each card was done using a Copic Marker that coordinated with the darkest color of the leaf color.  For the gold embossed images, I actually embossed one of the frames around the edges and used Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft card stock for one.  I could not tell much of a difference.  


For the sentiment, I used Simon Says Stamps Thanks and Leaves stamp set.  I love the script and size of the sentiment.  It worked perfectly recessed inside the frame.  I popped up the frame using foam tape and added the sentiment underneath for added dimension. 


I would like to say that I kept the coloring very simple.  For two of the cards, I opted to just gold emboss.  These turned out beautifully as well.  So, if you would rather do embossing with no color this will definitely save time.  For this gold rectangle frame, I opted to use an embossing folder instead of all the texture I used on the previous rectangle frames.


For the backgrounds of the circle frame cards, I used a Copic Marker that coordinated with the darkest color of the leaf color to create the background edge color.  Then, I chose to use an assortment of some embossing folders I have in my stash.  I  die cut each embossed panel using Waffle Flowers A2 Layers dies.  


For the sentiment, I used Simon Says Stamps Mandy's Flowers stamp set.  I popped up the circle frame onto each card using foam tape.  I added the stamped die cut circle on top. 



For the gold embossed circle frame, I decided to add an addition touch of a circle frame on the outside of the frame.  I used Altenew's Fine Frames Circle die. I love this added touch.


I assembled my cards in order.  Once all of the cards were completed, I added some white gel pen detailing to the image.  I finished all the cards with some clear sequins. 
Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.


As always thanks so much for stopping by!







Post a Comment

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.