Monday, February 15, 2021

Happy Birthday!

 


Hello friends!  I have a card to share today using Spellbinder's Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month!


 
 I am using this month's "Scalloped Rectangle Glimmer Essentials with Sentiments" Glimmer Hot Foil Kit One item I have purchased that makes cutting the delicate foil a breeze is the Spellbinders Quick Trimmer (also available here). 


I started with some select white card stock.  I foiled the two largest scalloped frames uisng   using  gold foil.  I die cut the to create a frame and ink blended blueprint sketch ink over the top for an ink resist using the foil. I set the frame aside to dry. Next, I worked on the background.  I hot foiled more gold foil using the Woven Glimmer Plate at an angle. I used some black acrylic paint mixed with water and an Artist Brush to add some splatters.  


Once both panels were dry, I added them to a top folding select white card stock base using foam tape For the sentiment, I again used the "Scalloped Rectangle Glimmer Essentials with Sentiments" Glimmer Hot Foil Kit.  This time I used the smallest frame and one of the sentiments with the aura foil included in this month's kit. 


To add to my focal arrangement, I added two of the Glimmer Butterflies using aura foil.  I ink blended shades of mustard seed and abandoned coral inks.  I arranged the butterflies and sentiment onto the card front using some foam tape and Nuvo Adhesive.  I added some gold flourishes using gold metallic kraft and some sprigs of Fall Flora.   I finished the card with a few clear sequins. 

I am playing along with Simon Says Monday Challenge to add some texture. 



Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!






1 comment

  1. Beautiful card. Love all the different gold elements, especially the pretty butterflies. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.