Friday, July 3, 2009

God Bless America!!! Designing for a Cause!


This card is for the Designing for a Cause Challenge that Flourishes is hosting.
When Flourishes launched the Patriotism on Parade set, they knew each and every set would be packaged up with love since each stamp set sold would go to benefit the injured soldiers in our country. A percentage of all stamp sets sold will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The Wounded Warrior Project is an amazing non profit that offers programs, resources, training and more to both the injured soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan and their families who are trying hard to help their loved ones.

In addition, Flourishes is collecting cards for all soldiers to use to mail to their loved ones. All the cards the Flourishes collect will be donated to the Cards For Heroes. You can read about the Designing for a Cause contest at the Flourishes SCS Forum to find out what you can do to help!!!

I decided to make another tent card with a dangling center. For this design I decided it would be fun to use the Patriotism on Parade set along with the Swing Set stamp sets to create a fun and festive scene. I colored the images using the Flourishes Copic Color Collections in Daffodil, Delphinium, Flesh tones, Poppy, Cool Neutrals, and Spring Greens. I cut out my tree images and the girl swinging. I added black floss for the swing rope. I stamped the children on parade and created a soft sponge sky background using soft sky ink and SU scallop circle punch as a stencil. I finished with a big red gingham bow which I think is very American and some red, white, and blue star buttons.

Stamps: Flourishes Patriotism on Parade and Swing Set Paper: SU night of navy, gp white, PTI poppy and new leaf, Ink: Pure Poppy, Palette Noir, SU soft sky, Accessories: Nestabilites, copics, floss, SU scallop circle and small and large oval punches, foam circles, score pal, sponges

Thanks for looking and have a Blessed July 4th Weekend!!!!



16 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, Betty, this is INCREDIBLE!!!!! What an incredible amount of work this must have been! Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This rates up there with the top 2-3 cards I have ever seen that just knock my socks off! Beautiful. You must be so very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! MY! GOSH! This is adorable, Betty!!!!!!!! Some soldier will be so pleased to have this to send to a loved one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is MAGNIFICENT Betty! I cannot BELIEVE how awesome this is!! This must have taken FOREVER! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Betty!! I LOVE how you have the swing suspended!! Way cool and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card! I SO just want to reach in and touch it. This is truly amazing; hat's off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty this is gorgeous, super job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, that is just fantastic!!!! What an awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card and a fabulous cause! I will get a box of cards together and send it along. Have a happy and safe Fourth today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMgosh Betty! This is soooo clever!!! I LOVE the tent card with the dangling center!!! The swing is the perfect image and combined with the Patriotic set and that gingham ribbon this is just one fantastic card!!! Sooo clever my friend! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS AND SUPER CLEVER!!! I LOVE THIS - BETTY!!! SO NEAT!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular, Betty!!!!! What a fabulous design....lots of work but sooo worth all your efforts!!! You are going to make some soldier verry happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, Bettie! I just LOVE this!! What a fun patriotic, carefree feeling kind of a card! FABO!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my goodness ! This is FABULOUS ! Just jaw dropping creative !

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic design!!! Super cool and super gorgeous at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.