Thursday, September 24, 2009

Swan Song Verve VLVSEP04 Challenge!



This card is for Verve's weekly sketch challenges with a twist. This weeks VLVSEP04 twist was to make a black and white card. It is also for Penny's Challenges to us a bird!

I stamped all of the black panels with an Verve image in versamark and embossed with clear ep. It does not show up the best in the world, but I think it looks great IRL. I am using all Verve images. I am also using one of the new sets that I order that just came yesterday called Swan Song. LOVE it!!!

I stamped my swan in momento black twice and cut out. I must add that while this image looks very intricate it is really easy to cut out. Love that!!! I colored the top stacked portion with sakura gel pen which offer a nice sheen of sparkle. Hard to see with a camera, though. I took a close up shot, but you will need to click on it to see the sheen more vividly.

I have been using quite a bit of the larger silver and gold pearls lately. I am trying to come up with clever ways to use the tiny ones I generally leave on the sheet. So, I added a tiny silver pearl to the feather points and used one of the larger ones for the swan's head.
For the clear embossed background panels, I used images from Bountiful Backgrounds, Grateful Elegance, and Filgree Fantasy sets. For the sentiment, I stamped with versamark and embossed with black ep. I stenciled inside my nesties with smokey shadow ink. I have been stenciling just about everything with my nesties shapes lately. I love the look.

I added a foo foo sheer ribbon with stick pin detailing and a few more silver pearls and it was done!!! I am laughing because it was NOT that easy. LOL!!! I had a few MOMENTS while making this card.

I do want to ask if someone knows of a corner rounder punch that actually rounds and does not leave the corners jagged looking I would LOVE to know about it. I have tried several different brands and I always get a less than smooth look.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by and your comments are always greatly appreciated!!!



Stamps
Verve Swan Song, Bountiful Backgrounds, Grateful Elegance, Filigree Fantasy
Paper
Black and gp white
Ink
Momento black, versamark
Accessories
Nestabilities, foam circles, silver pearls, C1 and 100 copic markers, sakura gel pen, thin satin and 1" wide sheer ribbon, corner rounder, label 4, sponges, glue dots. , SU pretties kit, mini bowdabra


24 comments

  1. Gorgeous Betty, I always say that, but it's true of all your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning black and white beauty!! Love all the elegant touches you put into your creations!! TFS!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Betty!!! Love the black and white, the ribbon the stick pin, just all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure elegance and BEAUTY!!! Absolutely breathtaking, Betty!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. How GORGEOUS! This is PURE Betty-tastic all the way! LOVE LOVE LOVE the black and white combo, the shimmer, the stick pin....AMAZING Betty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous shimmery swan Betty! This is one classy stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm - Mmmm- Mmmm!! What a stunning creation Betty!! LOVE all the black bg's!! And your sparkly swan is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and elegant card!!!!

    Thanks so much for participating with us this week :) We hope to see more of your work in the weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous creation!!! I love your sparkly swan with the pearls and your stamped bg looks awesome! Beautiful bow with the stick pin too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love monochromatic cards and this is fabulous. Love all the layers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Betty, it's GORGEOUS!! I'm always amazed and inspired every time I pay you a visit! Love all of your fabulous details here, and my corner punch does the same thing, very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - Betty - your card is fabulous!!! I'm tellin' ya you are rockin' these VV stamps!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the details that make this quite striking and elegant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING Betty! Love this monochromatic, elegant creation!! Of course, I'm always inspired by your work!!! Thanks so much for joining us over on Penny's Challenges this week! I hope you will join us again in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful in black and white! I love every little detail!!! As for the corner rounder, mine does the same thing yours does unfortunately. I'd like to know the answer to your question myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my...how beautiful, Betty!!!! The black and white is sooo elegant and I love how you added the pearls to the swan's wing tips....soooo FABULOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful! The colors make the card so elegant and classy! With the corner rounder, I have the same problem! Great question and I hope you get an answer since I'm curious too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow... this is gorgeous Betty! I almost bought this paper but didn't... fooey! LOVE how you placed your bling!!! Beautiful job!!! You never diesappoint... EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Betty! You never disappoint... NEVER! I almost bought this dp! Fooey... I didn't! LOVE the swan and how you placed the bling!!! I have the same problem with my SU! corner rounder. Yesterday I tried my Zutter and it did better... still not perfect but better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truly a beauty of a card. Very classy and elegant. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't really say anything different than the rest of your commentors....stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being our Featured Project for this creation over on Pennys Challenge today! Again ... gorgeous creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, sorry, couldn't help it... one more... GORGEOUS and MORE! Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.