Monday, April 2, 2012

Flourishes Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!





Happy Monday! Welcome to another Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!   For this month’s Bring Back Beautiful challenge, we’d like to honor those in our lives that bless us with their friendship with THE BEAUTY OF FRIENDSHIP. The challenge is just that simple – make a card or creation with a friend in mind!  





One of the things I love to do is mix and match Flourishes stamp sets.  For my card I am using Sweet Days of Summer, Seeds of Friendship, Fuchsias In Bloom(tag sentiment),  and Tiny Flowers and Tags (leafy image to stamp tag with).  I started with a new Spellbinder's Embossing Folder for my background. To make the embossed areas really pop I glided my Momento Rhubarb ink pad over the top til I achieved the look I was going for.  Gliding the ink pad over the top allows the color to grab onto just the raised portions.  You need to turn the card stock to make sure all the raised areas are covered.  I ink distressed the edges with Rangers Brushed Corduroy ink.   

Next, I die cut the new Spellbinder's Floral Ovals using Metallic Mirrored card stock. Love these dies!   When cut with mirrored card stock the look is even more amazing if that is even possible.    I layered with a softly stenciled Spellbinder's oval die using Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock.  I used Ranger's Scattered Straw ink and using the Ink Blending Tool with Replacement foam  helps to achieve the inner glow.    I did use two copic markers (R24 and R59) from Flourishes Copic Color Collections to color the flowers in the image.   I finished with a seam binding bow, a flower, and sentiment tag.  To keep all of my panels staying put I like to use Scor-tape.   I also used some dimensional foam tape to create some depth and dimension.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by! Please give a warm welcome to the newest Bring Back Beautiful designers, Claudia, Linda, and Naomi!  A big Congrats, too, to Kathy for stepping up to take the reigns to be team coordinator!    Looking forward to working with you all!






Betty

15 comments

  1. Gorgeous frame and lovely sponging! Betty classic all the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Betty! So elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, this is so elegant! I love the colour scheme, all of the beautiful accents, and that STUNNING Floral Oval cut out of mirrored cardstock! Such a CLASSY card!

    I am SO looking forward to working with you and the rest of the BBB girls!

    Hugs,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, once again you've created a masterpiece!!! You do these beautiful, rich colours soooooo well and love the touch of colour on your silhouette!!! Stunning my friend and Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absoutely stunning Betty. I so love that gorgeous frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS way to highlight that silhouette image! Love the rich colors and sponging details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card! I LOVE the colors you chose, the flower on the bottom and the embossed background.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, this is stunning! I just love this image with the splash of red and this gorgeous frame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very striking Ms. Betty! I just got this die over the weekend and most certainly will be flagging your card for future inspiration! Love all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Betty!! Love the metallic frame and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty this is so sweet and beautiful. Your rich colors are wonderful and I really like this frame. Beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Betty! This is such a stunner and I love how you framed it all, and added a cut flower with a pretty tag! Super elegant all the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, this is stunning! I love the colors you used. I'm so excited to be working with you on the BBB team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow, that is what I said as I was reading your post! Love the rich dark colors. Amazing work Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, your card is so beautiful I just got this set and now I'm inspired to create something!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.