Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Baby Girl is Graduating!






Happy Tuesday!  I have a scrapbook page to share with you today.    My baby girl who is definitely no baby any more will be graduating in a few days.    I guess I need to go ahead and stock up on some kleenex.   I am so proud of her.    I thank God for all His many blessings and insight through the years.   I continue to pray for guidance and direction for the University years.    For this page I have scrap booked her Senior picture.  It is a 6 x 6 scrapbook page.  I like to scrapbook this size because I can always add it to a 12 X 12 page either as a stand alone or with other images or details.  This size always works in a crunch. 

 This page is for ODBD Shining the Light Challenge (ODBDSLC17).   The scrapbook challenge for May is to: create a layout of any size using ODBD stamps and the sketch below with a twist--you must also use circles.  

I started with some rich deep purple card stock.  I created some background paper by placing the words from ODBD Large Scrapbook Words set onto an acrylic grid.  I used versamark to stamp the words through out.  I went back in and filled in with the OXOX to comply with the added challenge twist to use circles.  I ink distressed the edges.   I stitched this panel to the base.  

The elements were done with a portion of the sentiment from ODBD Dreams set stamped and die cut onto a circle and layered with a circle.  For the other elements I used flowers to emphasize more circle twist requirements per the challenge.  I also added some green gems to the leaves for added circle requirements.  I finished with a handwritten flag at the top that I zig zag stitched  for added detail.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

33 comments

  1. I just saw this on my sideboard and came over to get a better look and read. The page is beautiful, Betty, and so is your daughter. What a major step in her life and yours. It is bittersweet for you, I'm sure. But, I know you are so proud of her. A big congratulations to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you are such a lovely Mum. Your daughter is beautiful, you must be bursting with pride. My children are young still but I love reading things like this and learning from people like you, you are a true role model! Thanks for the post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and a beautiful daughter! Where do the years go...!! Congrats to her on her graduation and huge hug to you, mom :) A proud moment indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how beautiful she is Betty :) Just like her mama. Such a lovely vibrant page too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Betty, how blessed and how beautiful..the page and photo :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome I really
    Ove thisimage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is fabulous, your daughter is a pretty girl, and you deserve to be a proud mom! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your beautiful daughter! Your scrapbook page to commemorate the day is stunning! I love all the bright flowers against that deep purple. I don't make scrapbook pages, but I never heard of a 6x6 page. Might have to give that a try. Would make for a nice framed picture or wall hanging, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your scrapbook page Betty-and your daughter is so beautiful-I can definitely see a resembalance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzer Betty!! This is stunning!! I just love the deep purple, your details, and your use of the sentiments and words in the background!! Gorgeous photo!! Your dd is beautiful!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you and your beautiful daughter! Coming by to visit from the Finding New Friends blog hop.
    Cheers,
    Char
    http://1epicmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful creation Betty. Your daughter is a beauty! :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Betty, HUGE congrats to her. So exciting and scary at the same time. I pray for God's protection and wisdom as she moves on to college! And you have certainly captured the moment beautifully. Your page is stunning! Love every single detail. Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning page, Betty, to highlight your gorgeous daughter!! They grow up so fast on us! BTW, just saw your new profile pic on FB and it's BEAUTIFUL! I see where your daughter gets her good looks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. buy diazepam online other uses diazepam - diazepam 2 mg for pain

    ReplyDelete
  16. buy valium online canada half life of valium in dogs - half life of valium in dogs

    ReplyDelete
  17. zolpidem high zolpidem tartrate medication - ambien side effects irritability

    ReplyDelete
  18. ativan mg ativan withdrawal blog - ativan side effects sweating

    ReplyDelete
  19. valium online valium effects 5mg - valium 2 side effects

    ReplyDelete
  20. online xanax generic xanax markings - side effects xanax xr 2mg

    ReplyDelete
  21. generic diazepam diazepam 5mg sale - 10mg diazepam fear flying

    ReplyDelete
  22. ativan pharmacy lorazepam 1 mg nebenwirkungen - ativan dosage supplied

    ReplyDelete
  23. diazepam diazepam 10mg/street price - diazepam in dogs and cats

    ReplyDelete
  24. ativan for sale ativan dosage to sleep - generic ativan side effects

    ReplyDelete
  25. generic lorazepam ativan dosage by weight - ativan dosage supplied

    ReplyDelete
  26. soma online filmes online soma todos medos - somanabolic muscle maximizer free

    ReplyDelete
  27. soma sale carisoprodol maximum daily dosage - medication soma compound

    ReplyDelete
  28. buy valium online buy roche valium online uk - take valium pill

    ReplyDelete
  29. where to buy ambien online ambien cr overdose death - ambience mall gurgaon restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.