Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hello There! MIM, CAS, and Retro!

 

 
 
I have a CAS card to share today!  I had a few moments to play in my crafty space.  I am using some PTI stamps and playing along with this week's Make it Monday. 
 
 
Now, before you go screaming for the challenge police, I truly did follow the challenge rules.  This is my take on vellum colored flowers.  I am using the Sweet Life roses and dies.  I die cut the vellum flowers, and white card stock leaves. I two stepped stamped the trio of roses using berry sorbet and Memento Love Letter and Ta Da....my vellum flower is colored and detailed in two easy steps!  I played around with vellum leaves or white card stock leaves.  The white card stock leaves won.  Just looked more finished.  I did add a foam circle strategically placed to pop up the whole trio of flower die piece.  Cannot see it at all.  
 

I stamped the red background with the larger of the houndstooth prints in red.  I stamped the berry sorbet panel in the musical score background using berry sorbet ink.  These panels also got a touch of snow white ink edge distressing.  As for the focal image,  I used one of the swirls stamps from Mini Blooms in Spring Moss stamped twice.  I also chose one of the sentiments from this set.  I rounded one corners for added detail as well as added a pinking edge border on the berry sorbet panel.  I am using this week's Retro Sketch #69.
 
 
As always thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Betty

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous flowers and great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowers! And your swirls are a really nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Betty! Those flowers are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll add to the applause: your card is stunning!! The vellum stamped flowers matched + card-stock leaves is absolutely eye-catching! Amazing!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.