Sunday, June 23, 2013
 

 
 
I have a CAS card to share today!  I had a few moments to play in my crafty space.  I am using some PTI stamps and playing along with this week's Make it Monday. 
 
 
Now, before you go screaming for the challenge police, I truly did follow the challenge rules.  This is my take on vellum colored flowers.  I am using the Sweet Life roses and dies.  I die cut the vellum flowers, and white card stock leaves. I two stepped stamped the trio of roses using berry sorbet and Memento Love Letter and Ta Da....my vellum flower is colored and detailed in two easy steps!  I played around with vellum leaves or white card stock leaves.  The white card stock leaves won.  Just looked more finished.  I did add a foam circle strategically placed to pop up the whole trio of flower die piece.  Cannot see it at all.  
 

I stamped the red background with the larger of the houndstooth prints in red.  I stamped the berry sorbet panel in the musical score background using berry sorbet ink.  These panels also got a touch of snow white ink edge distressing.  As for the focal image,  I used one of the swirls stamps from Mini Blooms in Spring Moss stamped twice.  I also chose one of the sentiments from this set.  I rounded one corners for added detail as well as added a pinking edge border on the berry sorbet panel.  I am using this week's Retro Sketch #69.
 
 
As always thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Betty

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers and great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowers! And your swirls are a really nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Betty! Those flowers are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll add to the applause: your card is stunning!! The vellum stamped flowers matched + card-stock leaves is absolutely eye-catching! Amazing!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search