Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 2013 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!


 
   

Gold Dipped Memories   I am playing along with this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!  The theme this month is a "touch of gold."  I love die cut words and decided after seeing the gold tipped fingernails in the first photo that a touch of gold to a die cut word would be just perfect.   Gold Dipping die cut words was born!  Looks like my "memories" is just ever so slightly dipped into a vat of pure gold.  LOVE!
 
  
I used a Papertrey heart limitless layer die to cut out of a large circle die to create a frame.  I wanted another more subtle sentiment to go along with my gold dipped memories.  I inked the "thinking with you" in versa mark and clear embossed.  The embossing powder was in a few unwanted places, but I decided I liked it a bit distressed so left it.  Once I did that I wanted the clear stamped embossed sentiment to show up a bit better so I dabbed my finger into some snow white ink and rubbed all over the clear embossed sentiment.  LOVE LOVE how it turned out.  Clear emboss highlighting.  Will definitely do this look again with the clear embossing.
 
Tip:  I die cut the word memories and used a large post it note that I put to cover up just below the letter e's to keep it straight.  I embossed with the post it note still attached and carefully pulled off the word.  I then die cut another word and glued behind using a quickie glue pen. This allows it to not be so flimsy so it can sit across the cut out heart frame without sagging.
 
 
Papertrey Products
Papertrey Ink vintage cream card stock
Bigger Blooms stamps and dies
Mini Blooms stamps
Limitless Layers Heart dies
Wonderful Words Memories die
Papertrey Inks (pure poppy, harvest gold,
simply chartreuse, chamomile, snow white ink)
 
Other Products
MME dp  Remarkable
sewing machine
cream seam binding
gold pearls
versa mark
ranger brushed corduroy
post it note
gold detail embossing powder
distressing tool
 
 
As always thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Betty
 
 
 
 

27 comments

  1. Wow!! This is a work of art. Love all the details. Thanks for the info on creating your 'gold dipped' memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Betty! I just love the way you embossed it on just the bottom. Striking papers and that stitching, gah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow! Wow! Love all of your layers. Your gold-dipped memories...perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your gold-tipped "memories"!! And I'm glad you showed how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing how you made your "Memories" die cut. This card is full of fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold dipped die cut....so very cool!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! So much detail!! Thanks for the tip on how you did the die cut:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever idea! Gold dipping! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I LOVE all these layers and stitching! What a cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your gold-dipped word! Your card is so detailed and the Mini and Bigger Blooms look totally fab.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, I love your gold-dipped word! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow... this is just STUNNING, betty! love the way you embossed the word...genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. I really like the technique you used

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. Love thelayers, the pretty flowers... the gold dipped word is fabulous! What a nice touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow! This is gorgeous. It is so different than my cardmaking style and I'm just in awe of how beautifully layered it is. I love seeing others use stamps in a totally different way than I would. Your gold dipped word is absolutely fantastic...probably my favorite use of gold that I've seen so far in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Love all the details, textures, and shapes. I haven't felt like I needed the memories word, but I love how you used it here with a "thinking of you" sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that's sure a clever idea! You could do all sorts of dipping. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow gorgeous card! Beautiful layering and I LOVE the effect of just doing half of the letters in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betty, definitely pinning your GORGEOUS card! Have to tell you to enter this wonder in Cath's challenge on MFW's 'Mixy Matchy Style' Challenge. It's a winner for sure! And thanks for the gold dip recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I LOVE your gold dipped diecut word-- I will have to try this!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Betty, this is one breathtaking card with so many layers and details! Love the gold dipping too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this card is AMAZING! and what a cool technique to add your gold to the die cut. it looks beautiful
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card!! Love all the amazing details.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Betty! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.