Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Divas Inspiration Hop!

 

Welcome to our Diva Inspirations Hop! It's the 5th of the month and that means it's time for the Verve Inspirations Team to breathe new life into some much-loved stamps and dies. And there's a PRIZE up for grabs, which might just come in handy for the new stamps and dies Verve is releasing on Friday, May 10! So be sure to leave a little shout out in the comment section of each blog as you hop about to be entered in a drawing for a $30 gift certificate to Verve Stamps! Check out all the details and prize info over at the Verve Blog.





1. Julee7. Sankari
2. Amy8. Sarah
3. Anya9. Sony
4. Betty10. Susan
5. Jessica11. Tiffany
6. Karen 





I have a Graduation card to share today.  I think every neighbor, niece, and family friend's child graduated this year.     I am using Verve's Love Notes, Starstruck, Words of Wisdom, With Love, and Happy Graduation plain jane stamp sets.  I combined these stamps with Verve's Scalloped Trim Trio, Jotted Heart, and Starry dies.


I created a monochromatic card to use for a guys graduation.  I distressed the edges and added some corrugated cardboard for texture and to man it up a bit more since I did use polka dots and hounds tooth prints. I am using this week's MojoMonday sketch.


As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Jessica is next on the hop!

Betty

 

40 comments

  1. This card is fabulous! I especially love your use of the corrugated cardboard - great use of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful graduation card that I am sure they will cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Loved the sentiment and I bet those that receive it will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Betty, it's GORGEOUS! So many details here...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these colors together. Great texture and layers. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Betty. Your card is gorgeous. Love the colors, layers and texture. A great graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color combo. Love both sentiments - great together. Fab graduation card (which I find hard to make).

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this, Betty! Great use of the sketch and loving the corrugated elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this fabulous graduation card! That sentiment is out on my desk as I type. I have a couple of graduation cards to make before the weekend gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic graduation card! Love all the details! Great color combo! TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a marvelous card! I love the teal color and the varied patterns you found in that tone. You have such a gift with layers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous grad card and it is perfect for a guy. I love the DPs you used and the all the distressing & stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love all the textures and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great graduation card, I need to make a couple of these. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the color and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great guy card. Actually great anyone card. If someone gave me this, I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice use of the sketch and love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card,Very Pretty!Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love the combination of stamps and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous graduation card! LOVE the sentiment stamped over that cute little boat! The go so perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great graduation card. I love the sentiment and the color/pattern combinations. Terrific for a guy but easily adaptable for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful details Betty. Love the sewing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! I love all the die cuts, the texture, the stitching and distressing. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super fun card...I just love that scalloped diecut!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning, so much texture, so many layers, fantastic distressing and gorgeous colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I second (in triplicate!) all the applause and accolades for your card. Handsome, striking and gorgeous - perfect 'manly card.'
    c

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful, Betty!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the layers, stitching and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wish I could make such amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty! So many beautiful things on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW, this is simply beautiful, Betty!
    I love the colors & all the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  35. coś wspaniałego, praca bardzo mi się podoba..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the country Americana look to this card. Great colors for a guy card. Love the sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful grad card! Love all the great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow wow!! Lovely card and lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.