Happy Thursday! I have a card to share today using this week's My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 173. I decided to turn the sketch on its side to create a cool little scene incorporating some of the newly released MFT Stamps I just got in the mail! Happy Dancing!
For my card I started with some Berrylicious card stock from the MFT Card Stock Sampler Pack. I then used Blueprints 13 die to cut the stitched edge panel.
Next, I used the Cloudy Day stencil to get this amazing cloud textured background using a stencil! I used some white pigment ink and sponged around the clouds to create some soft white "fluffy"ness. Does not show up too well in this photo, but trust me it is there in real life and adds so much depth to the sky. I then chose Nightshift Blue from the card stock sampler pack and die cut 2 of the scalloped borders from Blueprints 14. I inked the scalloped portion with some white pigment ink and let dry. I offset these borders to create some waves since I do not have the making waves dies yet.
I added my sailboat! I am so glad I added this Sailboat die to my cart. I do not have many themed shape dies. I die cut the boat using some electric red, chocolate brown, and white card stocks. I nestled the bottom of the boat behind the first scallop row which I used foam tape to adhere so it sticks out a bit for some added dimension. The boat fits right in behind it. I then constructed my sailboat. It goes together easily. However, once I got it together I realized it needed a little something. I used my On the Diagonal stencil to create some red stripes to my sail. I did have to slide the stencil a couple of times but it lines up perfectly since I can easily see through the stencil. I love how it turned out. I stamped the sentiment from the newly released Blue Skies Ahead stamp set. Now, in hindsight it would have been better to stamp this before I embossed the clouds with my stencil, but I really had no clue where this card would take me when I started so I just stamped the sentiment directly over the clouds. It worked! Whew!
To finish my card I decided that I needed something directional to reinforce my sentiment as well as complete the little accent on the sketch. I opted to use Blueprints 10. Oh, my word! I am ENJOYING all of my Blueprints. I had no idea how much use I would get from these dies. I am forever reaching for them to use all the parts and pieces. I think I may need to have them all! ;0) Seriously! I used some more white and electric red card stock. I layered a few of these together for some added thickness so the die would not be too flimsy sitting on top of the navy twine. Once that was done, my card was complete! I love how it turned out!
As always thanks so much for stopping by!