Happy Sunday! I am popping in with two cards to share today!
For my first card, I am playing along with this awesome sketch at Cardabilities. This is sketch #97. I started with MFT card stock sampler, Blueprints 14, and Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze dp.
I used MFT LJD Birthday Greetings to create my script background. I used all the sentiments in this set except the focal one to create the background. I did not stamp this precise because I did not want it perfect. I wanted it to look a bit distressed like the background in the sketch. I used smokey shadow ink. Next, I embossed the Stencil on the Diagonal to the vellum panel that was cut using one of the Blueprints 14, elements. Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying my Blueprints dies? LOL! LOVE! I then used a Fishtail Flag Stax double ended cut to create my sentiment panel. I stamped the sentiment in nautical blue ink.
I die cut the flowers, leaves, and button from the Blueprints 14, The large flower is die cut in Gray Grout. I love just the hint of soft gray to this. Next, I used the script one line sentiment in the Birthday Greetings to repeatedly stamp the leaves using the nautical blue ink. I assembled my card and added a few enamel dots and it was done! Came together easily. I was going for a gender neutral card for a Birthday. Kids are always asking for Birthday cards and most of mine are girly.
For my second card, I am playing along with "Just Us Girls" Inspiration Challenge #238. I think this card and sentiment could work for a guy or girl, too. It does have pink, but not a whole lot of it.
Again, I started with MFT card stock sampler. I die cut the Polka Dot Cover Up. I die cut the Jumbo Kite dienamics. I used a kraft card stock base because it reminded me of my childhood when we used to create our own kites using brown paper grocery bags. We would color them then adhere to kite frame. I added some colorful panels to go along with the colors in the inspiration picture. I thought the kraft base and kite base worked with the fence tones. I assembled the kite and card. I added the kite tails to mimic the balloon streamers/banner. Each ribbon tail was topped with a color matching button.
For the sentiment, I die cut the vellum panel using Blueprints 12. The sentiment was layered over the kite. I stamped the sentiment from Blue Skies Ahead stamp set. I really like how the kite card turned out, too!
As always thanks so much for stopping by!