Sunday, August 31, 2014

S.W.A.K! Sending You LOVE!




MFTWSC191
Happy Sunday!  Back today with another card.  This time I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and Fusion Inspiration Challenge.  Finally got a chance to play with some new stuff!  Pure Joy I tell you!


For my card I started with MFT Card stock sampler.  I used kraft, primitive cream, and paver red.  I used Blueprints 18 to cut the paver red panels.  I did run both panels through twice to make them smaller so the space in the center would be wider.  I used Stencil on the Diagonal and Gray Grout ink to ink up the kraft panel. This look is subtle.  It does not show up well in the picture, but it does IRL.  Next, I inked up the BG Gingham Background in watermark ink.  I inked up this stamp sort of haphazard to create a more distressed or rustic stamping impression to work with the distressed inspiration photo.  Then, I die cut my letters using MFT By the Letters Uppercase die namics.  I used a lighter weight card stock to cut the letters again to glue together for some stability.  I inked distressed the edges and added foam tape.  I used the same lightweight white card stock to cut out MFT You Got Mail envelop die namics.  I inked the edges and glued closed.  I used MFT You've Go Mail stamp set to add a few sentiment/image accents to the envy.  

Next, I used the Tag Talk die namics to die cut a plain tag.  I stamped the sentiment from  MFT You've Go Mail stamp set.  I die cut a hole reinforcer for this tag using the paver red card stock.  I realized the little holes were the perfect size for punctuation for my S.W. A. K. sentiment so I die cut both to get 4 periods using the same Tag Talk die namics hole reinforcers dies.  I inked distressed my punctuation, too.   I added an electric red heart die to the center of the envy using Blueprints 11.  I then die cut a blue paper clip using MFT Office Supplies.  I assembled my card.  I finished with some hemp cord looped and knotted through sentiment tag.   I am also playing along with Simon Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty



14 comments

  1. Totally cool card Betty! Miss you :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I love this card, Betty!!! The colours are so lovely and I love all the distressing with the ink!! Lovely interpretation of the inspiration photo!!! ...and yeah for playing with some new goodies, hey!!!
    Have a lovely week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layering and distressing on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and fun card Betty! Love the postage theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love your card, those little tags are high on my wish list <3 wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those big letters Betty! and the cute envie with the tag clipped on it! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about attention to details. Wow Betty! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful card Betty! The photography is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card, love the the mail details perfect to go with SWAK.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, this is simply FABULOUS!
    Love the color combination & fun design!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card Betty. Awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, this card is AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome! The bold red gingham BG with big sentiment is a perfect mix :) thank you for sharing with Fusion !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.