Friday, August 15, 2014




Happy Friday!  It is time for week 3 of Verve's Viva La Verve Sketches.   Stacey Schafer is the host this week!  She has a sketch + inspiration this week.  Check out the VLV Blog for more details and inspiration!



For my card I am using Simple Stories DIY Boutique designer papers.   I used Verve's Strong Anchor along with Verve's Cut Above Nautical, Occasion Frame, and Rounded Scallop Frame die sets.  I decided to emboss the Nautical elements in white. I finished my card with Verve's Shine Bright Sequin Mix.  

In keeping with the text background I chose this fun patterned paper.  I decided to go with this wonderful scripture and mimic the chalkboard look since inspiration does have a chalkboard.  I used red accents and embossed the Nautical elements in white on red. I added some stamped red rope frames behind the focal point.  I added a red floss bow. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful take on the sketch with awesome inspirational wording. Loving the text in the background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tire of this set. Fabulous use of it for the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome !
    Very good take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card I love the colours and looking forward to playing with this weeks sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Betty, and so much fun too!
    Thanks for popping by to say HELLO! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love everything about this! The word paper and all the white embossing are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Betty. I love that background paper and your sentiment, just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Betty! Your card is simply beautiful! I love the pretty paper & the fabulous scripture.

    Thanks for the sweet comments you've left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Verve Stamps

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search