Monday, January 19, 2015

BE MINE and I Love You Just the Way You Are!




I had a few moments to get crafty today in between house cleaning and running errands.  I have two cards to share!  For my first card I am playing along with The Fusion Card Challenge(sketch), Stampin' Celebration Challenge  inspiration photo.

I decided to make a stitchable heart shaker to add to my card.  I was inspired by the cookies and the heart streamers.  I am using MFT Stamps products.  I started with MFT Electric Red, Cotton Candy, and Smooth White card stock.  I have an electric red card base.  The smooth white panel and cotton candy panel were die cut with the stitch frames from Blueprints 15 and Blueprints 13.  I stamped the cotton candy panel with Fine Check Background in Pink Lemonade premium ink.  I die cut the Stitchable Heart Stax in electric red, smooth white, and vellum.  I stamped the electric red heart using Romantic Script background in Smooth White pigment ink.  

For the stitchable heart shaker, I initially stitched two vellum panels together, but I did not like the way it looked.  I decided for this card a vellum front and smooth white back worked better.   I used embroidery floss to stitched the heart panels together. Before I finished the stitching, I stuffed the heart shaker with electric red and cotton candy pieces I die cut from Tag Builders Blueprints 3.  I used Blueprints 20 to die cut the stitched sentiment fishtail flag in electric red and smooth white.  I also used the word die from Tag Builders Blueprints 3.  I layered the smooth white over the electric red.  I completed my card with a few sequins.  






For my second card, I am playing along with The Paper Players, Sweet Sunday Sketch, and ShowCASe Your Style.

This is just a fun card using some bold colors.  I love these colors.  The room is gorgeous! I started with MFT smooth white, licorice black, blu raspberry, and limelight.   The base is licorice black, the limelight panel was die cut with Blueprints 15 stitched frame.  I stamped this panel with Cheesecloth background using versa mark.   I die cut the the blu raspberry panel using Stitched Rounded Rectangles Stax.    I stamped the sentiment from Love You More stamp set using versa mark and heat embossed with black ep. I added the black flag from Blueprints 18.  I stamped this flag with Fine Check background using versamark.  It is very subtle.  I die cut and layered two white hearts using Tag Builders Blueprints 3.  I finished with a few sequins.


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

 

19 comments

  1. These are incredible! I am loving the vellum heart, wow! And your SSSC card is beautiful - what a fun color combo. Fantastic take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 great cards! I am in love with the way you used those fabulous bold colors on the second card! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are awesome Betty, I love them. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, that Vellum heart is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOTH of your cards are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! Love the stitching on both..so cute! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, these are two awesome cards to send to a loved one! Great details...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 beautiful cards Betty-I really like the stitched shaker card

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY...two stunning cards Betty! I love your sweet shaker card...so clever to stitch it closed too. Need to give that a try. I love the bright and vivid colors of your second card and that sentiment is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I just love these Betty. I love the stitched heart with hearts inside and love that little heart with the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to have you playing with us this week, Betty! Your PP card is delightful! I love those colors too...and I that's a new challenge to me, I am going to have to check it out! Both cards are awesome! Thanks for participating in my challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, I just LOVE these bright bold colors you used! The sentiment is just wonderful for our challenge! Sequins are the perfect finishing touch! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards Betty - Both with such vibrant colors - love your shaker for the Fusion Challenge - thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this excellent blog!
    I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will share this website
    with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

    Also visit my web site :: self build home ()

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Valentine shaker card! That vellum heart is perfectly showcased against hose lovely, bright colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 very beautiful cards! Love the shaker frame on the first card! Thank you for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are gorgeous! I love your vellum shaker and the script heart in the background of your first card. Thank you for participating in the Stampin' Celebration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, love the vellum shaker heart! I can't believe you hand stitched it, very nice! Great card all around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.