Monday, January 26, 2015

You Bring Out the Best in Me!






I have a couple of cards to share today!   For the first card, I am playing along with Retro Sketches and The ColourQ.  
 
 I started with MFT card stock in smooth white, kraft, ripe raspberry, hot fudgesno cone, and gumball green.    I card base is smooth white.  I stamped the base using MFT Pinstriped Background stamp in Premium Sno Cone ink.  I die cut the square kraft panel using MFT Blueprints 14.  I stamped this panel using MFT Fine Check Background in versamark ink to create a soft diffused background.  I love the subtle soft texture.  I inked the edges with versamark to create some added richness and depth.  To follow the sketch, I used MFT Stitchable Dot Circle Stax to create a ring around the top.  I lined this with ripe raspberry card stock.  I used MFT Tag Builder #1 Blueprints.  I cut the tag in smooth white and sno cone.  I die cut gumball green card stock with Stitched Snowdrifts dienamics.  

I used Out on a Limb dienamics with Hot Fudge card stock to die cut a tree trunk.  I used ripe raspberry card stock and Tag Builders #3 Blueprints and die cut some hearts.  I used versamark to ink each heart for added dimension.  I glued each of the hearts and added some foam tape to a back of a few to give added depth.  For the white tag, I stamped it with ripe raspberry ink with MFT diagonal striped background.  I used some foam tape to adhere the two tags together.  I tied the top with some twine.  I used more foam tape to pop up the layered tag focal point.   I stamped the sentiment using You Have My Heart stamp set with Licorice Black Hybrid ink.   I love the way it turned out!




 For my second card, I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and The Color Throwdown.

I started with MFT kraft, smooth white, gumdrop green, ripe raspberry, cotton candy, and blu raspberry card stocks.  I die cut the kraft layer using Blueprints 20 to get the scalloped edging.  I die cut the panel again with Blueprints 13 to make it smaller and get a stitched edging on three sides.  

 
I stamped this panel with Notebook Paper background stamp using versamark.  Again, I wanted it to look subtle.   I used the Blueprints 20 again to die cut the zigzag stitched twice to comply with the sketch.  I used Vertical Strips die namics to cut the gumdrop green panel.  I used Lots of Love dienamics to die cut the XOXO in silver foil card stock and layered with blu raspberry card stock.   I die cut ripe raspberry card stock used the Stitchable Hearts dienamics.  I stamped this panel with Premium ripe raspberry ink using Romantic Script background.  I used cotton candy card stock die cut with All My Love die namics using the coordinating All My Love stamp set using pink lemonade premium ink.  I used foam tape to pop up both of these hearts and to add dimension.   I finished the card with a few silver sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty


16 comments

  1. I love this so much Betty!!!! Those hearts are the sweetest~

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful!! Love the rich colors you created with the Kraft sponged backgrounds!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are absolutely stunning Betty! Love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun cards. I just love the tree with all the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both terrific Betty!! I love that little tree full of hearts. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That heart tree is just adorable Betty!! Love the bright coloured hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards! The colors are just perfect, so rich ! Love the finishing touches too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards, Betty, love all the piercing! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so adorable Betty! I love the heart tree, both have such pretty designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty two amazing cards! I love your version of the Retroo Sketch! Thank you so much for sharing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, cards do not come any sweeter than this one...just so sweet. Love your tree filled with heart, the cutest hearts ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh SQUEE! I love those hearts on your tree Betty. LOVE. And love the metallic XO's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE that color combination. I think craft brown paper is beautiful!

    Tam Hess
    cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are both so pretty, Betty, I love the colour combination, one of my favourite!
    thank you for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowie, Betty! I just love the juxtaposition of the metallic and kraft. Well done!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.