Thursday, February 19, 2015

Guest Designing for My Favorite Things!





Happy Thursday!  I am so excited to be guest designing for My Favorite Things blog today.  If you have stopped by my blog in recent months, you KNOW I am a huge fan!   I have two cards to share with you today.

For the first card I started with MFT Black Licorice, Lush Lagoon, Ripe Raspberry, Summer Splash, Limelight Prestige, and Lemon Drop card stocks.  I am just over the moon with all the new MFT colors!  The card base is black licorice.  I die cut another black licorice panel using Blueprints 13 for the stitched edging.  Then, I used the newly released Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Square Stax to create an inside out stitched frame.  I stamped the bottom of this panel with Keep on Rockin' stamp set using versamark and clear embossed for a cool effect.  

For the sentiment I used Blueprints 11 and die cut the "You Rock" in black licorice and limelight prestige card stocks.  I stamped the limelight prestige sentiment with Sheet Music background with Premium Limelight Prestige ink.  I glued the two panels together slightly offsetting the black for a shadow effect.  I glued the sentiment behind the inside cut out frame panel popping the letters on the outside of the frame's edge for added interest.  I popped up the entire black licorice frame using Foam Mounting Tape and inserted the cut out interior frame to recess behind for added detailing.  To complete the card, I die cut several of the smaller headphones that come in the newly released Headphone die namics and arranged on the card.  So COOL and totally ROCKS! 




For my second card, I went in a completely different direction.  This is what I love about MFT stamps and die namics.  There is just so much versatility and style options with these products.  I started with MFT Smooth White, Summer Splash, Cherry Crisp, and Coral Crush card stocks.  Have I mentioned how much I love the new colors?  I die cut the coral crush panel using the stitched frame from Blueprints 15.  I stamped this panel with Harlequin Background stamp using Premium Coral Crush ink.  I  die cut the summer splash using Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Banner Staxs.  

I stamped this panel using Linen Background in Premium Summer Splash ink.  I used Foam Mounting Tape to pop up this panel.  Next, I die cut the cherry crisp panel using Horizontal Stitched Strips die namics. I stamped this panel using Pinstripe Background in Premium Cherry Crisp ink.  I die cut the smooth white card stock with Pierced Circle Stax.  I stamped the sentiment from Spring Tulips stamp set in the center using Hybrid Black Licorice ink.  I offset the circle die and used Foam Mounting Tape to pop it up a bit for added dimension.   I die cut the Spring Tulips die namics and stamped with the coordinating image from Spring Tulips stamp set and colored with copics.  I popped the tulips up as well using a bit of Foam Mounting Tape.  I finished my card with a few sequins which were easily placed with the QuikStik Pick-Up Tool.  I used this tool all of the time! 

That is it for today!  Check back later in the month for another post!   Many thanks for My Favorite Things for asking me to showcase their products!  

As always thanks so much for stopping by! 

Betty

17 comments

  1. wow, what an adorable card with the head phones, such a cool design. Love the others as well. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome I love your MFT creations <3, these are stunning the colours are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Betty! I love those colorful headphones on the black and the great color combo with the lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty your black card is absolutely brilliant. From the embossed bottom, to the awesome colors and head phones. Love it. love those tulips and your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards rock, Betty!!! Love both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Betty, these are just awesome! I love that first one, girl you rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the You Rock card, Betty! Love the bright colors against the black and what a great use of Blueprints 11, which will now likely find a way onto my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Such a clean and precise 2nd card congrats on the guestie gig,

    PA love the new avatar too -- quite fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards Betty. Congrats on being a GD at MFT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - love both designs Betty! the colors are striking on the ear phones against the black - and the floral card is just so pleasing to look at! congrats on Guest DT for MFT! - love their stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pile of neon headphones! Of course, I grew up in the 80's. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful and fantastic cards. I like them all.
    Thank you very much for visiting my blog and your kind comment !
    Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok...I don't know what I love more, your sweet tulips or your rock card. They are both just over the top fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are STUNNING, Betty!! ADORE the bright colours against the black and with tulips being my favorite flower, I'm smiling at the second big time :) Congrats on the GDT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Betty! So well deserved! Fantastic cards! Great way to showcase those wonderful products!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Betty! I knew it was only a matter of time before I saw you on the MFT blog. Your headphones card is so much fun. If I had seen this card before shopping, I would have added these items to my cart. Lucky for me, though, I did add the tulip set and dies to my cart. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards Betty! Love the vibe of your first one especially!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.