Saturday, February 7, 2015

Thinking of You and More!




Happy Saturday!  I had some time to get crafty today in between laundry and cleaning.  I have a few cards to share!  For this first card I am playing along with Retro Sketches and The Card Concept.   I decided to go vintage with these colors.


I started with MFT Primitive Cream, Kraft, Pink Lemonade, Steel Blue, and Olive.  The card base is primitive cream.  I die cut a kraft panel with Blueprints 20.  I layered this panel with another piece of kraft die cut with Blueprints 13.  I stamped this panel with Damask Background using Sweet Tooth Pigment ink.
I die cut the stitched rounded rectangle stax and stamped with woodgrain background using Natural ink.  To follow the sketch, I die cut  the primitive cream using horizontal stitched strips.  I inked this strip with Darling Dots stamps set using Natural ink.  I also inked distress the edges.   For the focal image I die cut the olive card stock using leaf-filled flourish.  I die cut  a few colors using the mini rolled roses die  and the rolled flower die.   I decided to use only three on the card.  For the sentiment I used Blueprints 20 again for the double ended flag sentiment strip.  I used a sentiment from Out on a Limb stamp set.  I finished the card with a few sequins.


  My second card came together fairly quickly.   I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and The Curtain Call. 


For  my card, I decided to turn the sketch vertical.  I started with MFT Smooth White card stock base.  I layered a sno cone panel die cut with Blueprints 15.  I added a half circle die cut from Pierced Circle Stax in lemon drop card stock.   I stamped this panel using I Love You More stamp set in Hybrid Black Licorice ink.    I used a couple of copics to fill in the designs in the sentiment.  I die cut the butterfly using Fancy Butterflies die namics in smooth white card stock.  I stamped this panel with fine chevron background in Hybrid Black Licorice ink to comply with the inspiration photo.  I finished the butterfly with a hemp cord threaded red button.  To give the butterfly the look of flying, I used the stitched image from Perk Up stamp set.  I finished the card with a few sequins.





 For card #3, I am playing along with Fusion Card Challenge(I chose to use the sketch this time), The Friday Mashup, House of Cards(love theme), and Just Us Girls Word Week "Love!"


 



 


For  my card,  I started with MFT Smooth White card stock base.  I layered an electric red panel die cut with Blueprints 15.   I used smooth white again die cut with Blueprints 13.  I cut it twice to make it square.  I cut out the center with Pierced Circle Stax.  I stamped the panel with Swiss Dot background stamp using electric red ink.  I die cut pink lemonade with the stitched scallop edges die.  I stamped this detail with Gingham Background stamp using bubblegum ink for some subtle contrast.  I die cut the word love from peace, love, joy die namics.  I die cut it three times in electric red and once in smooth white.  I glued the together for added stability.  I die cut the "you" from Lots of Love die namics.  I cut it twice in electric red and glued together.  I assembled the card.  I added some loose thread behind the love.  I finished the card with a few sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

32 comments

  1. WOW!
    You can feel so satisfied after a very successful day in the craft room!
    3 cards each one beautiful in it's own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful. A great day of crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, these are all AMAZING!!! LOVE your clean designs and fabulous use of color! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a fabulous trio of cards. I never would have thought to die cut a butterfly using patterned paper like you did, so pretty. But I really love them all...have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are gorgeous on such a stunning card! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful cards, Betty!!!!! Love your take on the RS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Betty!! They all are gorgeous!! Beautiful colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such wonderful cards! Love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING!!! So clean and bright! Love your clean designs!
    Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty all of these are fantastic, you are am amazing designer! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology and t he Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous collection of cards Betty! Love all the die cut flowers and beautiful butterfly! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 gorgeous cards! Love, love, love the first one with the soft colors and those beautiful flowers! The second one makes me think of spring! And the third one is so pretty. Love how you used thread behind the LOVE die cut. I would've never thought of that myself! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards for our "LOVE" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty all your cards are just gorgeous!!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been busy, Betty!! ADORE the first card, especially how you tucked the tag into the leaf - pinned for a later case :) That B & W butterfly is fabulous and wonderful last card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Betty, what sweet cards. I love that sun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such gorgeous cards, all of them! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW all of these are gorgeous Betty! Fabulous designs and I love all of the different dies you've used! Thanks so much for joining us at HOC this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are all so fabulous. Makes me want to get my rolled roses out and play.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are all so pretty, as usual! I love the JUGs card! It's very cool! Love the gingham peeking out from the bottom! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  20. More stunning cards Betty! Love them all! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all amazing creations! I love the sweet LOVE card with the thread in the background! Thanks for playing along with us at FMU!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Betty! Love the LOVE card, of course! The swirled string, the die cuts, the layers, the sequins-all completely perfect!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Beautiful cards, Betty! They are all perfect.
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 3 beautiful cards Betty- love the rolled roses and your love card is my favorite-awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  25. A whole lot of prettiness all in one place, Betty!

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You seriously made all these cards in one day? Amazing work! You selected THE perfect colors for our CCC challenge photo and you nailed the vintage aspect as well. Your rolled roses had me drooling on my keyboard (still can't make one!). Your colors are stunning and your design elements flow together beautifully to create a well balanced design! Love the damask and woodgrain stamped backgrounds too! Thank you so much for choosing to share your card with us at Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow - I adore your cards Betty! You always use the perfect colours and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really love your gorgeous butterfly card and how you flipped the MFT sketch on the side like that. I gave you a shout out on the MFT Challenges & Inspiration Facebook group!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous cards Betty. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for playing along with the challenge at House of Cards

    DT Merethe HOC 2015

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous cards! Thank you for joining our Word Cue Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.