Saturday, May 16, 2015

Thank You, Congratulations, and Sweet of You!






Happy Saturday!  I am popping in with  few cards to share.  I finally had some time to get crafty.  For my first card, I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and MFT Color Challenge. 
 


I am using MFT Stamps.  I started with MFT smooth white, fuse green, kraft, ripe raspberry, tickled pink, and black licorice card stocks.  My card base is smooth white.  I die cut the fuse green with Blueprints 13.  I edged the bottom with Stiched Basic Edgers die namics.  I stamped the houndstooth background using versamark for a subtle stamped background.  I die cut the stitchable circle stax.  I die cut the smooth white panel with Vertical Stitched Strips. 





 I die cut the flamingo with smooth white, ripe raspberry, tickled pink, black licorice, and kraft.  I constructed the pink flamingo and added it to the card.  I used some foam mounting tape on the body of the flamingo for some added dimension.  I inked distressed the edges with versamark to add some depth to the flamingo.






Graduation Card!



For my second card, I am playing along with Fusion Card Challenge, The Friday Mashup, and Fab Friday. 






I started with MFT Stamps smooth white, lemon chiffon, and steel gray card stocks.  I die cut the steel gray with Blueprints 13.  I stamped Outline Sentiments in sweet tooth pigment ink.  I layered a smooth white panel die cut with Vertical Stitched Strips.  I layered a Stitched Jumbo Flag Stax.  I inked up sentiments from Watt's Up and Beautiful Baby stamp sets.  I white embossed the "Bright."  I sponged on some daffodil at the bottom then some lemon chiffon to give an ombre "light" effect.  I die cut the chandelier die namics in steel gray three times and glued together for some added dimension and stability.






Sweet Treats card!




My last card is just fun!  The only thing better than a scoop of ice cream are three scoops of ice cream!  I am playing along with Retro Sketch and Just Add Ink color challenge.




I started with MFT smooth white, kraft, and sno cone card stocks.  I die cut the triple scoop cone from Sweet Treats in kraft and stamped with coordinating image from You're the Sweetest stamp set.  I die cut the scoops in smooth white and stamped with coral crush, snow cone, and sour apple inks.  I layered with some foam mounting tape.  I die cut the kraft background with Blueprints 13.  I stamped with Simply Circles background with sweet tooth ink.  I added a sentiment in bottom corner from You're the Sweetest stamp set in hybrid black licorice ink.  I finished with a few sequins and some loose thread.

JAI #262




As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

25 comments

  1. Betty all your cards are lovely - I love the way you have layered them all. The colours on the Sweet Treat card work perfectly and the sequins are a great touch. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome treat your cards <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic cards Betty - I love all of them especially the 'congratulations' card with the chandelier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty, love the "congratulations" card. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness Betty! the great designs just keep on coming on this lovely post of yours!! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion challenge with that fun chandelier card! ulia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these cards are wonderful - but I LOVE the chandelier! the ombre effect on that yellow panel really pops, and the embossing detail is just right. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty...what Super..pretty, sweet, yummy...cards...love all your colours...Awesome bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always in awe of your cards, Betty; they are beautiful. Your Sweet Treats card is pretty darn adorable! Great use of our challenge colours. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty ! You showcased some gorgeous cards here, love your flamingo card and the congrats card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning graduation card, love the yellow against the black!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! The graduation card is Fab! Love the chandelier as the flower embellishment on our sketch! Your use of sponging is spot on too...adds just the right amount of highlighting! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're on a roll. Fantastic cards. Love the flamingo card. Thank you for playing along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are all fab, Betty. Your ice cream stack card is totally adorable & you've used both challenges perfectly. I love the texture that the stitching, circle stamped background adds & the fab little touch of bling from the sequins. Love! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. Di :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum this card makes me want to go and get a yummy ice cream, such a fun way to use the colours!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all gorgeous cards Betty! Love how vibrant and yummy your ice cream scoops look and those fabulous sequin sparkly bits! Thanks for joining is at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG all your cards are so sweet! I'm from the Friday Mashup so I'm gonna focus on that card, lol! I really love the chandelier on your card!! Such a fun design and your sponging is so clean. Very nice. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love all three of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three absolutely fabulous cards Betty...just fabulous!!!! I really love your ice cream cone, just looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you've been busy! These are all gorgeous cards. And I love the ice cream card you have created with this week's challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, what great cards, Betty!!! Love all thee, but the second is my fave!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome cards! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your cards.. thank you so much for sharing!!
    Please visit my blog too!
    http://jessicalynnoriginalstamps.blogspot.com/

    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow! what beautiful cards! love your flamingo! really like the inking details! amazing work! thanks so much for playing along with My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.