Saturday, May 2, 2015

You Are...Wonderful and Seeing Beauty!







 
Happy Saturday!  I have a couple of cards to share today.  For my first card I am playing along with The Color Throwdown, The Friday Mashup (sketch), and The Card Concept (inspiration).


 
I just love The Card Concept's inspiration photo.  The colors 
work perfectly with this week's Color Throwdown trio.  I started with MFT Stamps smooth white and berrylicious card stock.  I stamped the front of the base with berrylicious ink using Striped background.   I die cut berrylicious with stitched rounded rectangle stax.  I stamped this panel with Swiss Dot background stamp using Sweet Tooth pigment ink.  

inside of card
Next, I die cut a pierced Traditional Tag Stax die namics in smooth white.  I masked off a portion of the sentiment from True Friends stamp set.  I stamped it going down the side of the tag in hybrid black licorice ink.  Then, I die cut the the tulips from Spring Tulip die namics and stamped the coordinating image from Spring Tulip stamp set using hybrid black licorice ink.  I colored with copics.  To comply with the sketch, I added a loose thread bow and let the threads wrap and hang loosely around the tag.  I used the tiny clothespin to clip it to the tag. I finished the front with a few clear sequins.




 
For my second card, I am playing along with
The ColourQ,  
MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge, and Just Us Girls.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiHc4rAqecTxRl1YhmUsAfWz5p5_jPTIOxeKXCX9jhFh7XHW9pjbrfz158-mfhMglEDYG5vZq7nvblOekq-h6lUwuNl6BOm73tRruQl0_kUkX5k5IKWk9yMA_N6nSKHZ0nTLzeAgN4TnCQ/s1600/226.png I started with MFT smooth white and sour apple card stocks.  I die cut the sour apple panel with Blueprints 20.  I embossed with Chevron Cover Up.  I added some versamark to edges and front for some added depth of color.  

Next, I die cut a tag from Blueprints Tag Builder 1.  I stamped a sentiment from Whimsical Wishes in hybrid black licorice ink.  I die cut the image from You Gnome Me die namics and stamped with coordinating image from You Gnome Me stamp set in hybrid black licorice.  I colored with copics to comply with color challenge.  I used some pop dots to add to the tag.  I used some pink/white twine to tie a bow and add element to comply with sketch.  I finished with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

26 comments

  1. Love both of your cards, the colors are super :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards make me happy. I love both of these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous! The first one is stunning! I'm a turquoise person, so I'm in love. lol Love the adorable tag and pretty green of the second one. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous inspiration you have for us with these cards, Betty! They are winners in my book; you nailed the challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful, Betty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are stunning Betty - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, bright and cheerful cards Betty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice spring-like cards. So cheerful and fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are darling, Betty! Love the tulip one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two more amazing and fabulous cards Betty...you are so stinkin' talented. I always love visiting your blog! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these 2 cards Betty. Gorgeous colors and gorgeous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are beautiful! I love these designs and how you used the twine. I think my favorite is the tulip one. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tulip card! I love the thread both behind and in front of the main image. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betty, what bright and lovely cards! I love both the inside and outside of the first card. The turquoise just pops and is a wonderful background for your tulips. Thank you for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness, I absolutely LOVE your card using the throwdown colors! Such a great layout as well! Have to pin this one! Thanks for playing along with us again at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Betty, I love them all. What fun and beautiful. Love all the products you used and how beautifully you showcased them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A terrific pair of cards Betty! Love those tulips and the sweet flowers filling the boot. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those stripes. Those polka dots. That bow! Happy to see you in the Card Concept gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, Betty! Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing cards! Your first one is just stunning.

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both are amazing but I can't take my eyes off of your tulip card! LOVE everything about it!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my...your cards are gorgeous!!! Like Kerin...I can't take my eyes off the tulip card either! I think it's the gorgeous shades of aqua and pink that you used that has created such a vibrant contrast of two pretty colors! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a lovely card! I love how you've used the colours from the inspiration pic! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.